I Can Do That!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is one less thing I can't do: install a graphics card. I was afraid to try it for fear of buying one that wouldn't fit my computer or wouldn't work. Installation was simple, easier than installing memory even. The only confusing part was that the card didn't come with a DVI cable, which I had to buy separately. It hasn't completely changed my SL life, but it was worth the $50 and far less than the cost of a new computer. Franks is really beautiful now. If I look out at the moonlit ocean and inhale deeply, I can almost smell the salt air.

Anyway this is just an excuse to post a link to my favorite Nike video, entitled "I Can", my new mantra:

I can do that.

I can run with my dog.

I can get a faster dog.

I can conquer my fear.

You can.

Well done on successfully upgrading your graphics card!

I upgraded my graphics card a couple of years ago. It was surprisingly simple to do. Unfortunately, silly me, I didn't realise to upgrade my power supply at the same time, so "pooffff" went the computer, but the nice man at Dell came and fixed it all for me, added a bit more memory for me too.

We live and learn. I have gone back to being the helpless female.

But still I am addicted to SL.

Ich bin suechtig ;-))

And just to keep the running theme ...

Boy Knowl, you're sure hung up on that 580  :)  And as soon as you get it and install it another series will come out that will blow the 580 off the map!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Congratulations Randal.  It ain't so hard and nothing mysterious either.  Next we'll be hearing you got some fancy SSD and installed it too.........moving the current HHD into the second drive spot!!

Wooo wooo, you're a geek now!!!:matte-motes-agape:

I can see that you take SL very seriously. Sometimes size matters.

@Marigold, I was afraid that my power supply would be insufficient, but the new card is of a type that requires very little power, something like 29 watts. So my power supply should be able to handle the new card. I had to use google translate for your video. Yes, the guy is addicted!

@Peggy, I don't think I'll be getting an SSD, but you never know. LL should cut a deal with Nvidia. Everybody buying a card gets a coupon worth 3 months of premium membership or something.

@Charo, I like your new look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.