I am a newbie and I need help with my new house

hellcheat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am very new to this game. I buy a house from market place and i dont know where i can build it. I go to the sand box and rez the house. But I do not see any remote control to lock it. everyone can go to my house. Where can I lock the door and build the house ?.  I do not want anyone go to my house

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PROMO-PRICE-GENESI-V2-Full-furnished-interactive-house-skybox-1NNOVAT1ON-Design-home/337444

The link above is the house that I bought.

Moreover, when I have fun with my gf in my house, someone laugh a lot but I can not see where he is.

I know he see us but we can not she him. Then, some stuff appear and lock me inside like the head of snowman , light with many colour,....

I think the man do somthing to trick us but I do not know what it is

Plz help me

5 answers to this question

One has to own or rent land. Sandboxes are for temporary building/rezzing. Most will return whatever you put there in 2 to 48 hours.

Preminum account members get free land. All others buy or rent land.

For privacy people put up what we call skyboxes. These are houses set over 1,000m in the air.

Hello hellcheat and welcome to SL Forums. To rezz your house you need to find a land / parcel and buy / rent it. You can find dozens offers for parcels under Land Forum.   Weekly or montly tier required of course. This way you will have privacy. A sandbox is not a place to have fun. It is a public place and everyone has the right to be there. By your description i understand that someone used the house's remote control, so he/she changed the lights and you were locked inside. I had long time ago a house from the same creator, so i am sure that instructions are included and you have to read them. Normally you will find a notecard, called Housecontrol Instructions. Read it and if you still have queries, contact the merchant. But at first, as i said, you have to find a land for your house. If so, you have more options to restrict the access there (no only the house control). Have fun!

Summarizing what others have said it perfectly:

In SL ANY object can be in ONLY two sites:

1. In yourself, as an attachment. You can "wear" any objectattached to your avatar in any land of SL.
  2. In the world, in the "land" (at 0 or 4000 meters of altitude,land includes the "air" above it), rezzing that object from your inventory to the world. But you can only rez the object in the world if the land owner give permission for rez (and usually that is only a temporary permission, as in sandboxes) OR if you are the owner/renter of the land, of course (if you are the owner/renter your object remains rezzed inworld).

There's nothing wrong with the house. It may not have come with a security system, though, or lockable doors. (And even you could lock the doors, it's incredibly easy for others to get in.) However, the main issue is that you rezzed your house in a public sandbox. Sorry, but you can't do that. You have to buy/rent land, meaning you have to pay a monthly or weekly fee (depending on the land) in order to permanently rez a private home. You were being griefed in the sandbox, which is rude but very common; but on the other hand, you shouldn't have rezzed a house and "had fun" with your girlfriend in a public sandbox, either. Try a Premium account - $9.95 per month, free 512 sqm plot of land with 117 prims or renting on a private estate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.