Querying a MarketPlace Purchase

newsue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How does one go about querying a purchase I made from marketplace that has not been received.

My account says it has been delivered, I have an email saying login to get it but I cannot find the file name anywhere.

I have, on the inventory window entered the first few letters of the supposed file name and nothing shows up :matte-motes-crying:

It was on offer via the web page and over double the price instore, mind you, as it stands it is now MUCH DEARER.

What do I do now, I have tried to IM the owner but as she is not in my list it just asks for friendship.

Sue

Hi NewSue,

the item must not necessarily have the same name you thought it has. Often merchants are puttting their business names in front and stuff. Or the items is boxed, or just a folder ... You account says it has been delivered, so it MUST be in your inventory. Look under recent items!

There's a known, soon-to-be-fixed bug that holds up deliveries when you're offline if you have an empty "mute/block" list. Try blocking a random person or object (right click and it will be under "Manage", I think.) This may release a stream of backed-up notifications and deliveries. Unfortunately if there are more than 25 backed up then you'll lose anything that arrive later.

It's actually not uncommon for items to be listed as "delivered" but never arrive for some reason. By "IM" do you mean a regular "spoken" IM or are you trying to post on their feed? Some people (including me) close their feeds to non-friends but still accept regular IM's. Look at the seller's profile and see if there's another way of contacting them, or if they have some sort of re-delivery system or mailbox in their in-world store. It would be very bad practice for a merchant to not have any way of contacting them. If there really is no other way of contacting them this is the one time I'd recommend leaving a comment about it on the item listing.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If a merchant doesn't respond to your mesage,  you can also file a suport ticket for delevery failure and LL will resend it.

Is this done via web or do I have to login to SL, I am on marketplace now and cannot find where to open a support ticket :(

Sue

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

If a merchant doesn't respond to your mesage,  you can also file a suport ticket for delevery failure and LL will resend it.

Thanks for suggestion, they were very helpful but strangely a resend again did not work so LL arranged to be online at the same time as me and then it was successful  :womanhappy:

Sue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4486 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.