SL 'art', show off your edited snapshots

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, it may not be 'art' per se, or maybe it is but by simply messing about with photoshop we can sometimes make some rather fancy snapshots.

Lets show em!

I want to see what you've done with normal snapshots to make them extraordinairy.

And if there already is a topic like this... sorry for not finding it.

Anyway, to start things of, here are a few of mine.

6566972159_2633c0caa1_b.jpg

6604901929_1198bba9bf_b.jpg

6656582427_0672a48991_b.jpg

• Like 3

I love the way you treated your pictures Jo. There is an exhibition in Paris at the moment on "German Expressionismus" in the 20s where your shots would fit perfectly. You have managed to render an incredible atmosphere here! This is brilliant.

Actually I started a thread kind of similar to this one some time ago. I deleted all the pics I posted, unfortunately, due a forum photo album problem, but here's the link so you can see what all the others posted with great creativity.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Art-Music-and-Photography/SL-like-a-painting-You-frame-it/td-p/859591

I will try to retrieve some of my pictures and post them here later. I mean if I can find them somehow in my archives, lol. I changed my computer in the meantime...

I especially love the first picture you posted, Jo; the light in his eyes is sort of haunting.

I'm not the greatest Photoshopper, but I attempted a faded-photograph look recently.

water_for_fauns.jpg

My faun avi looking a bit sulky at doing menial labour. :smileywink:

coronation.jpg

This was taken at Carriage Trade sims while we were practicing for an RP coronation parade. I'm one of the black guard unicorns. :}

• Like 1

:smileyembarrassed: Thank you both for the lovely comments. I do see SL as sort of the world we all wished for as kids; with the ability to morph from being mermaids to astronauts at whim while in the middle of a shopping mall, without anyone batting an eyelash.

Everyone needs more fairytales. :}

• Like 2

Jo Yardley wrote:

Ok, it may not be 'art' per se, or maybe it is but by simply messing about with photoshop we can sometimes make some rather fancy snapshots.

Lets show em!

I want to see what you've done with normal snapshots to make them extraordinairy.

And if there already is a topic like this... sorry for not finding it.

Anyway, to start things of, here are a few of mine.

6604901929_1198bba9bf_b.jpg

6656582427_0672a48991_b.jpg

I really like that first one in particular. For some reason it makes me keep going back to look at it. I think that's what art is about.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.