Creation of multiple stores

Barziban Castaignede

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We've been asking for a long time, Barziban - hopefully this will make it to top of To-Do List once the Direct Delivery process is up and running smoothly.

I was thinking about it this morning, so frustrating, have got three new lines just sitting there, and do not want to add them to the current store - for one reason, without store categories and ability to position your items, they would knock your best sellers or new items in one line, completely off the front pages. 

Considered again this morning, using some alts I created for each new store - but that's a bit of a logistical nightmare for a number of reasons, and I'm sure more reasons would come up through the process, but for one, you have an entirely different name to do business as, and that has a number of issues going along with.

Also - probably some issues transferring items, permissions, building, etc....would have to watch that real close.  And on your new line, you've got a creator name there, that is entirely different than the name of the person who built a business and ran it for years.  That's a problem.

Reputation - Customer Service - have to build that all over again

Running two or more avatars - some people do not take kindly to that - and it would be problem to explain continually over and over again.  Haven't thought about the lindens to account issues, but whole new record keeping thing going on there.  Probably more issues there that aren't realized until you get going with a separate avatar.

For merchandising and marketing - running a separate persona/avatar - even though it's not a separate persona, it might appear to be - maybe deceptive to some - - but it's huge fail on marketing and merchandising to have to create another avatar just to add a new line of merchandise.

Sure hope they get this to the top of the next list.

For me this is also a thorn in the eye.

I currently have three brands. When Xstreet changed to the Marketplace I considered to use two alts for two of my brands. But when was promised that multiple stores per merchant would be a future implementation of the marketplace, I decided not to go through all the hustle of working with three avatars.

I'm working on another new brand now. I won't release any stuff for this brand before May or June or os. When by that time it is still not possible to have multiple stores, I'm going to work with an alt for this brand. This has a lot of minusses, but still the possiblity to put the brand in its own store, weights more for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.