How is this possible?

OiiiO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

While scouting around for land I came upon a Abandoned Linden parcel with a residents store set up on it yet the parcel is set for a Linden Maintenance group build only. The land objects tab shows there isn't any objects on the parcel at all. How is that possible?

I would put a photo to show but I see nothing that screams out ADD PHOTO.

Putting stuff on parcels so that they don't show as prims for the parcel is easy. Rez an object and then rez a prim 10m away. Link the two so that the prim is the root. Then move the assembly so that the object is on the next parcel but the root prim is on the parcel where it was rezzed. With good linking the object can be a lot more than 10m away from the root prim. The root prim can be totally transparent, of course.

Putting for sale objects in the store couldn't done though, because, after their root prims had been unlinked, they'd show as prims on the parcel. So putting a building there, that doesn't show as prims on the parcel, is easy, and putting for sale stuff in it is also easy, but their root prims would need to be on the next parcel, which isn't exactly the way to sell stuff (wiith remote root prims).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.