hugging and kissing without pose ball

kwajkid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

They were wearing an animation overrider (A/O) that had the capability of offering a hug or kiss to someone. If you accept the permission to animate your avatar, the accessory they are wearing sends info to your viewer, so you come together and then do the animation. It can be a HUD, or it can be an attachment on the avatar that accepts a chat command to trigger it.

This method has limitations. To work well, they pretty much have to be triggered while facing each other. If you don't start right, it is quite possible to be mis-aligned, with one person kissing a spot over the other person's shoulder, or turned 45 degrees to one side in the hug.

Technically, most animations can be done that way. I've seen a cute "run, pounce and tackle" animation, where if you accept permission for the other person to pounce you, they run at you, knock you doen and land on top of you, like a cat or dog might.

The generic name for the device is a "hugger" or "hug and kiss attachment" (the same function is built into some AOs and some slave collars).

I like the one I have from Meike...it has a number of different animations you can pick from.  They make a couple of versions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.