Undelivered Items (with status delievered and that have been paid)

Ruby Kling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the past 3 days January 04, 2012 till January 07, 2012, I placed several orders on Marketplace that got a "delivered" state and an invoice and charged my account but the items never reached my inventory. Most of the items were cheap items, like bikinis or body oil but the sum of the charged amount of the missing items is about 570 L$ or more.

While some items arrived and others not I found out that always one complete order is involved. If one Item in an invoice has been delivered, all other items in this invoice have been delivered as well. If one item in an invoice has not yet been delivered, all other items in the same invoice, regardless of merchant or price, have not been delivered. Freebies are affected as well.

Yesterday I started to write to the sellers inworld, but so far none of them answered, resent the item or refunded the price. It makes me rather upset to see that Marketplace is unreliable and nobody cares.

Please tell me if I do something wrong. During the period mentioned above I never had set my account to busy nor I was under rlv restrictions or whatever could block the delivery in my imagination. Of course I already searched for the items in my inventory and I also cleared the cache. After more than 72 hours I assume that things should be here.

Any idea what's going on and how to proceed? I'm tired to deal with this kind of issues and surprised that Linden Lab is unable to do a better job. As a result I WILL NO LONGER USE MARKETPLACE for other than reference before I can be sure it's reliable and not wasting my money.

Try submitting a support ticket. This is a continuing problem that has existed for a long time - long enough and frequent enough that it has a support category that is available even to non-Premium members! The Lindens will be able to force a redelivery of those items.

I usually use the marketplace as a "reminder" of things I want to purchase inworld. It's safer, in my opinion, and sometimes I find things that aren't in the marketplace store or that look better inworld than they did on the marketplace, leading to other purchses. (May or may not be a good thing...) Try not to overuse the shopping cart, as someone else said; the more you have in it, the more likely delivery is to fail. Also try to be inworld when checking out, although it sounds like in this case you were.

It used to be that most of the time most of SL didn't work.  Now it's mostly mostly working.  Everything remains reliably unreliable though so at any time something will be unavailable and nothing will work well.

SL is not a platform for anyone that wants to "be sure it's reliable" unfortunately :-(

When you contact a merchant, keep in mind that they, like you, are not on line 24/7 and may not even be on line every day, so don't expect an instant answer.  Some do have IM's go to email, so when I need to contact one, I both send a notecard and IM.  I've never had a merchant not set this right, so just a little patience on your part. 

If after a reasonable time, you don't hear from a merchant or don't want to go that route, you can always file a support ticket to have items redelivered, but generally, contacting the merchant directly is faster in my experience, even if it takes a few days to get a response.  In the past when I filed a support ticket its taken a week or more before I get a redelivery.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4492 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.