Marketplace shopping

Ivvy Airy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Love Angel has the correct answer (as is usually the case!)

The bug seems to be that, for people who have empty Block/Mute lists, offline IMs and inventory offers are not delivered.  The solution (at least until LL fixes the problem), is to find some object or person you don't particularly care for, right click them, and Block them.

Now, if you ask me, "why does a platform that does social networking require me to block some random stranger from all communication with me so I can get my Stuff?", I can only shrug my shoulders.

Angel is probably right about that bug. Even if the bug weren't a problem, however, we would still advise you never to have Marketplace orders delivered unless you are in world to receive them.  We each have an "in box" that holds any IMs, group notices, group invitations, notecards, or inventory offers that arrive when we are not logged in.  That "in box" can only hold 25 things.  If more things arrive, the system simply throws them away.  It doesn't return them or put them in a different place.  They vanish forever.  So, if you order several things and then get a barrage of IMs and group notices, there's a good chance that you'll hit that 25 cap and lose some of them. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.