Hello! i use Viewer 2 and i keep crashing,i log in and then i suddenly crash :| please help!

foxygabryela

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It happpens from yesterday when i logged in at the same time with 2 different viewers on 2 different accounts, I crash only when i use Viewer 2, and i only get a message that says: " Darn,you been logged out,this region may be expiriecing troubles..." or something like that.... i don't know what to do...Oh and my sistem runs on Windows Vista...i didn't had troubles with Viewer 2 until now,oh except the thing that i keep crashing when i play gestures from my inventory too. Please help....

Many thanks! xD

3 answers to this question

It's not only a prblem for V2 users.  That problem can affect all viewers.  Here's an excerpt from the Firestorm support site:

Some issues you might encounter are due to “bad” gestures (for lack of a better term). In brief, one or more gestures may fail to load properly and cause the viewer to time out.

Symptoms which may be the result of problem gestures include:

• You are unable to log in properly without having to clear cache fully before doing so.
    It should never be necessary to clear cache before logging in, so if you have to do this, something is wrong. Some find that if they don't clear cache each time, they get logged out within seconds of logging in, or perhaps they are ruthed or a cloud every time, or even that they crash shortly after log in.

For the rest of the discussion, including several ways to resolve the problem, see >>  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=gesture_issues

Hello foxygabryela. 2 different accounts, 2 different viewers, same time. That's why you crashed. Your system couldn't handle both. It is possible to continue to have similar or different problems, if you continue to mix more accounts and viewers with one computer / laptop without clearing often your cache, even you use them one by one and no both same time. About gestures, Rolig already answered.

The first thing you need to determine is what is happening.  You say you are crashing and then you say you get the error message about being logged out.  Getting logged out is very different from crashing......and the fix will be different.  I'm going on the assumption that you are getting logged out and not crashing.

Having two or more viewers installed on the same computer often creates issues related to caches getting mixed between the viewers.  What that does is cause the cache for one viewer to have textures and objects cached from another viewer........it often causes strange problems with the wrong clothes being worn, ruthed avatars, failure to load textures, getting logged off and crashing.  The fix is to move the caches to different locations on your computer. 

Running more than one instance of SL at the same time (such as logging your alt in while your main is already logged in) compounds the caching of textures and objects.........whether or not you are using the same viewer for each account but especailly if the caches are at or near the same location on your computer.  The problems that causes is the same as above.  The fix is moving the caches for each account to a different location on your computer.

Taking the two situations together you increase the likelihood of problems immensley.  Clear the caches for both viewer and for both accounts (that's going to be 4 cache clearings).  Then before you log in with either account on either viewer move the caches for your lessor used viewer and your alt.  To make it a little less confusing sounding let's say your viewer of choice is V-2 and your main account is your avatar of choice..........leave the cache at the default location.  Then for your main account move the cache for your other viewer.  For your alt move the cache for both viewers.

Depending on how severely the caches are corrupted you may have to manually clear the caches instead of the in preference cache clearing.  You do that by manually deleting the contents of the cache folder.  You can find the location of the cache for each account and each viewer by looking at the location shown next to the "clear cache" button in preferences.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.