When will Direct Delivery be available?

Dante Velaystar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

BUT...
I have not heard a peep from any of the excited merchants of DD that went in there to test DD.  Why? 
such a hot topic and yet not one merchant in the open beta has anything good or bad to say??  Fishy

It's called a "non-disclosure agreement" ... most software testing requires the testers to agree to keep all the test details private.

Its also called an OPEN BETA which has no Non-disclosure agreement signed by any of the testers.

Merchants have already been in the beta grid and played with the DD system without signing anything last month.  Are you saying were asked by LL to sign a NDA to enter and use the OPEN beta last month?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't really need any extra information from Linden at this point.

All you need to do is go back and check this forum's threads from late August and early September.

From those, it will become very clear:

1) Direct Delivery has been fully up and running for about 3 months.

2) Josh Susanto was just being totally paranoid by suggesting there could be any reason to bother debugging the box system in August/September, because Direct Delivery was just around the corner, anyway, and any idiot should have been able to see that.

3) Now that Direct Delivery has been both running and stable for so long, it's time for Josh to recognize what a pointless doomsayer he had been, constantly whining about the function of those boxes that clearly no one could possibly still be needing by January 2012.

Nefertiti Nefarious wrote:

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

BUT...
I have not heard a peep from any of the excited merchants of DD that went in there to test DD.  Why? 
such a hot topic and yet not one merchant in the open beta has anything good or bad to say??  Fishy

It's called a "non-disclosure agreement" ... most software testing requires the testers to agree to keep all the test details private.

/me sighs & shakes his head

Here's a person who obviously isn't understanding what we're talking about.  ^  ~points up~

Miss Nefertiti...we're not talking about the closed beta that's been goin on for a year.  We're talking about the OPEN beta that supposedly became available in the Aditi Beta Grid in December to all Merchants (though there's some question now as to whether or not it actually DID become available)

I've not been on the beta grid for years but as I recall from before, what happens on the beta grid stays on the beta grid and that each user coming into the grid, got some lindens to spend but could only have them there.

Not a problem on either count but does anyone other then developers and merchants go there? My point is, is there anyone shopping on MP from the beta grid?

Wouldn't that be like testing sailboats in the desert?

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Not a problem on either count but does anyone other then developers and merchants go there? My point is, is there anyone shopping on MP from the beta grid?

Wouldn't that be like testing sailboats in the desert?

Yes it's pointless testing on the beta grid.  The rest of the LL development have known this for ages now which is why they inflict weekly test code on the 3 RC streams on the main grid.  There's a logic to it for the reasons you have highlighted Chelsea, it's pointless testing when it's not representative.

I vote "GO LIVE WITH DD NOW!", don't worry, we'll find the bugs

:P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.