removed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No one owns the regions/sims that make up the Blake Sea except for Governor Linden.  They may belong to a group that owns lots surrounding the public water but that does not mean that they have any control of the water outside their property lines or give them the right to set rules or run you out. 

The Lindens do use 'citizen advisory' groups sometimes, and if this is the case, one of the Lindens is in charge of the group.  Advisors are not allowed any authority though to enforce anything.  I looked for such a group in search and saw none. The two groups i did find having to do with Blake Sea Pirates, were private groups like anyone can start and no Linden was a founder or member.

If the area is restricted to pirates or there are any rules,  it would say so in the Covenant,  to my knowledge.   Absent hearing confirmation of their claim straight from a Linden or rules in the covenant supporting their claim, I'd AR them for harassment.

I looked around Blake Sea and the only combat-enabled areas I found were privately owned. The owners of the land have the right to do whatever they wish in terms of parcel settings, banning people, etc.

The rez locations in the Linden-owned Blake Sea regions were set anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes autoreturn.

Your best bet is to rent some water parcels until you finish your carrier.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

there are 4 combat sim that are combat that are linden owned, 4 joined, its huge you cant miss them, they have pirate zone in the desription, seems it has been a long time since you were there.

I was there yesterday & I went back today. I did find four regions with "Caution - Pirate Zone!" as the parcel name, but I wouldn't call them combat regions since they don't allow damage. I'd say they're good for roleplay but definitely not good as a sandbox. They're Homestead regions so they only allow 3750 prims and generally have around 2700 free.

That said, you should be able to use any sort of vehicle there. If the Blake Sea group (Linden-owned) wants to restrict it to particular types of vehicles they should add the restrictions to the land description.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.