Just made the leap from Phoenix to the official SL Viewer....

Andromeda Mopp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...the only trouble is I can't log in. It seems to be impossible to access the login fields using a 13inch MacBook Pro, because the window doesn't fit the screen. Maximising doesn't help.

I should probably have my head examined for even considering the SL Viewer, but anyway, has anyone found a way they are able to login?

I'm not familiar with Mac, but this should work on any computer: 1.Try changing you computer screen resolution until you can see at least viewer window edges. 2. Try hittiog CMD+P when you start the viewer, that should open Preferences window, and you can adjust your graphic settings, like Window size. Hope this helps. :)

Hi.

I could access the preferences fine. In fact, that's about the only thing I could access as it is via the drop down menu above.  Sadly though, albeit predictably, the graphics preferences in Viewer 3 (or any other preferences) do not allow or give any option for resizing of any kind.

This is a major floor. I could understand if I was running a custom built PC with unusual specs, but a 2011 MacBook Pro is about as generic as they come. To deny the ability for people to login using these (without some ridiculous running about fildding with settings) is just slopping development IMO.

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello Andromeda. If you try the last version of Viewer 3 (3.2.4), there is a known bug with screen resolution. You can't set it lower than 1034*740 pixels. You can roll back to 3.2.1 or download the beta 3.2.5.

According to specification the native resolution of 13.3 inch MacBook Pro is 1280 x 800. So with this native resolution there should be no problem.

On the other hand I wonder how one can manage to enjoy SL in such a small screen! :smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.