NEED A VIEWER RECOMMENDATION - PLEASE!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK my normal laptop took a dive and being Christmas and no way can afford a new one or fix it right now as the mother board on this will cost me 250 pounds so can't quiet afford that right now. I have a backup laptop, it can run SL but with the SL viewer it is VERY laggy and I freeze up and basically runs super slow. What I am trying to find for now is a viewer that runs minimumal on the memory & processor resources on my laptop model any recommendations would help. I woild like to see mesh in a viewer but it is not a nessecity now so if a non mesh enabled viewer uses less resources that is good as well. I just want to be sure it is an SL approved one.

SPECS:  Laptop - Intel Celeron M CPU 530 @ 1.73 GHz  with 2GB Memory, 32 bit Operating System (Windows 7 Ultimate), 320GB hard drive and Graphics is an Intel Mobile 965 Express Chipset

Thanks all!

Tay

Hello, that doesn´t sound too bad at all, just windows7 and 2GB of RAM :smileyfrustrated:

Anyway, try Singularity that is optimized for speed or any V1.x viewer you can find for download.

Snowglobe V1 if that is still available for download and u want a LL official one.

Or check out the Phoenix Viewer but try to get an older version not the actual.

All the V2 or V3 ones might be to heavy and packed with new gimmicks.

Monti

There's no way you're going to get an acceptable experience with a mesh viewer on that laptop, I'm afraid. All mesh viewers use basically the same code to render mesh and even people with fast computers find it runs slower than pre-mesh viewers. You can still get Linden Labs viewer 1.23 but you'll lose things like tattoo layers, etc. You can also still get Phoenix version 1.5.2.1185, which is also pre-mesh and has more recent features like a tattoo layer and display names.

Tried SIngularity, laggy as heck and slow as heck, and I am only running the viewer, if I open up the internet the whole viewer freezes so not good for this particular spec set. I have used this on my laptop that died and worked very well, just not well with this spec, but becasue it is mesh enabled could be the culprit, I think I will need to stick with a non mesh enabled viewer for now, the specs are not strong enough to handle it:)

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the old SL viewer 1.23.5 and I can now move and such and not laggy as with a mesh enabled viewer, but being a shop owner and builder I loved the temp imports for textures so I am going to try Imprudence and old style Phoenix next to see which is better for these specs, will report my findings:) I am looking for less in the aspects of processing and memory consumption so will let you all know.

Tayla

OK I used the Imprudence 1.4.0 beta 2 and the Phoenix 1.5.2.1185 and have found that the Phoenix viewer takes up less CPU usage and memory than Impurdence. Just logging in and not moving Phoenix was at 55-64 and 264,000-292,000, where as Imprudence was 86-94 and 349,000- 360,000 so all in all I am going to stick with the old style Phoneix for this particular build of laptop as I have all my options as a builder and the extra groups option etc. All bells and whistles except mesh and its not as laggy as with a mesh enabled viewer. Thanks all and hopefully this post can help others who may come across this build or situatuion:) And thank you all for your imput!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4498 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.