I accidently wore objects folder wore everything, my computer froze, 1/2 inventory is missing, help!

Jade Sak

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I would suggest you carry out a character test, to take your avatar back to the default setting.  Then clear your cache. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Then log back in to a nice quiet sim (use Furball, it is often empty) and wait while your inventory loads.  This may take a while - maybe up to 30 minutes. In that time, just  click to open your inventory, and wait, and allow it the time to load fully before doing anything else.

• Like 1

Hello Jade. Here is a resident to resident Forum. We are residents like you and we try to help. If you want to contact directly Linden Lab, you can do that or with a ticket or using the Live Chat (if you are a premium).

About your problem: If you accidentally wore stuff and you can't remove them my suggestion is at first to try an avatar test. You find it in V3 under Menu Develop  (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female. If it works, everything will be removed by your avatar and you will see your avatar like a noob. After you can change again outfit.

If it doesn't work give a try to clear your cache manually out of SL and having your viewer closed, deleting all contests at the following folders:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

If you use more than 1 viewers (i think you do) delete also all contests in:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer and (or)

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Firestorm and repeat with all viewers you have installed in your computer, even you use them occasionally.

After log in back in a quiet sim without lag like for example Smith or Exeuxoa or Anzere. Stay there under the water, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. Normally it will load all your inventory. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit. try to change outfit, choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds. Rebake your textures using Ctrl+Alt+R and repeat several times if it is necessary.

Good luck.

EDIT: You are very quick Marigold! :smileyvery-happy:

I've done this - and crashed my computer doing it. Usually for me, I'm able to log back in, but every time I change, more stuff loads. What I do is go to my "worn" folder, find the folder I wore everything out of, and right-click it, choosing "remove." Everything detaches, but as soon as I wear something else, more stuff loads. Do the same thing. Keep doing it until stuff stops attaching. (If you wore a very large folder, especially your entire inventory, this may take awhile, and you may have to relog several times.) I don't know if this will work for you, but I hope it does! Good luck!

ETA: The suggestion of a character test is also a good idea. Because for me things often wear in "waves" as described above, it doesn't really work well for me, but it might for you, and would certainly be easier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.