Script to convert NC of LM's to list of SURL's?

Kantbe Thursday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, everyone.  Do any of you know of a script that can take a notecard of LandMarks and convert them to a NC of SURLs?  I routinely generate an inworld list of LM's.  I manually go through each LM to create a corresponding list of SURLs for posting on a web site.  It'd sure be handy to be able to automatically generate the list for the web post.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Right.  Well, let's assume there's a broader objective that might be satisfied some other way.  Rather than starting by populating that notecard full of embedded landmarks, perhaps it would be acceptable (maybe even better -- certainly easier) to just drop those landmarks into a box instead.

Then, a script could get the location of each inventoried landmark using LlRequestInventoryData(), although the result is in the current region's coordinates. One could then convert that to global coordinates (adding llGetRegionCorner(), then derive the Region name from global coordinates, calculate the offset from that region name (X and Y dimensions % 255.0), and craft a standard SLURL from those pieces.

The hitch then is that a script can't output a notecard directly; instead it would need to chat the text and the user manually cut-and-paste it to notecards (assuming that's indeed the best delivery vehicle for the SLURLs).

Thanks, Qie  -   this seems to make sense.  Not being a scripter, I don't have much of a clue how to go about it, but it makes sense.  Putting them into a "box" may also help me out with another thing I do with my collection of landmarks.  I use them to populate a mulit-sim teleporter.  I can't drag them out of a NC and drop them in the teleporter, but I may be able to do that from a box object.  

I use the SURL's for populating a website of locations, so a copy/paste from chat would work.  The web based end result is the SL SurfWatch blog's Wave Report of public surfing sims:  http://swwavereport.blogspot.com/

And Darkie - I'm not sure how to be more specific about what a landmark is in the context of my question.  I'm referring to those objects that end up in your Landmark folder after you issue the command to landmark your location.

• Like 1

If you have a website, a script can generate SLURL's from a list of landmarks in a notecard and send them to the website in HTTP messages without a need to C&P anything. You need however in such case have a php module on the website that would receive and process HTTP msgs from in-world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.