Blurry avatar

ZoeMichelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently I switched to Firestorm viewer. Since I did that, my avatar has been blurry almost all the time, and it's been over a week. I've tried clearing cache, I've tried rebaking, I've tried going into edit appearance and out, I've tried changing skins/shapes/hairbase/clothes and all. Any ideas how to fix it? :/

This is an example of what it looks like most of the time (My shirt actually rezzed.. wow.. LOL)
http://gyazo.com/ed7e75512b0ba1881bfa959cd887ac8e

http://gyazo.com/fa172701ef417e1902ed82a15d295988

Zoe

5 answers to this question

I do see what you mean, particularly around the mouth. This is what worked for me:

Go to the advanced menu, then the debug menu. Where it says something about HTTP Textures, there is a checkmark. Uncheck that. Then clear your cache. It may take a couple rebakes after that (it did for me), but it should clear up and be clear most of the time after that.

Hello ZoeMichelle. Although the problem is no so clear in your pictures, my suggestion is to clear your cache manually (out of SL) and relog. To do that delete all contests at the following folder:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

After that log in back in a protected land like Smith for example. Stay there under the water, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. When fetching finishes, try to change outfit. try to change outfit, choosing one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments. Wait some seconds and rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R. Repeat same process if it is necessary.

Good luck.

LAST NIGHT I WENT TO GO LOG ON TO SECONDLIFE AND SAW THAT IT SAID THE WAS A NEW VIEWER DOWLOAD SO I DID THAT WHEN I GOT ON SL MY AVATARS BODY WAS LIKE A FUZZY BLUR AND IT WAS NEVER LIKE THAT BEFORE I HAVE TRYED REBAKING AND IT DOESNT WORK...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.