Bad group tag, so me and my co-owner can´t log in. Message: unable to connect to a simulator.

Evangelina Beaumont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We can´t leave the group, cause we are two owners and she can´t log in also.

and that "all of your members should leave the group within 48 hours" won´t work here..

we tried to open a ticket, but we don´t know which reason we shall choose, there is none for that reason -,- i tried to take that log in issues reason, but than i shall copy and paste the URL from the side i tied to log in...uhm...URL? :(

some ideas? or is there a admin who could delete the group, or the title for the owners? PLEASE? cause THAT title was the one with the ? in it. the group name is  :-*** <3 CRAZY 4 U <3 :-***

that would be awesome, cause we don´t know what to do... **Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif" border="0" alt=":smileysad:" title="Smiley Sad" />

thank you

forgotton to say...the land we rented is owned by that group... so what will happen to the land if the group is deleted?

6 answers to this question

Group Tag Should not prevent you from connecting. It sounds more like a network issue or the region is down that you are trying to connect to log in on. Try logging in to another region.. You can change your login location in Preferences

One owner should be able to leave the group leaving 1. you can even downgrade your self to non owner and then remove your self if it is that bad.

Your issues sound very odd. But i have heard some pretty odd things happen

Choose a ticket category that is as close as possible to the issue. If it gets closed, re-open it and ask for escalation - from what I heard chances are good you get the issue solved then. But first you have to open a ticket and wait until it gets closed - as stupid as it sounds.

BTW: You should add a watch to https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6608 so it gets a higher priority.

As Ansariel said, file a ticket as close to the issue as possible. You could, if possible, add a link to the jira she linked to. There are other jiras filed for this issue, some of which have been classed as SEC issues. The Lindens are aware of the issue - they have been for some time - but so far it is not fixed.

- Luc -

The issue, unfortunately, of certain characters in group tags preventing you from logging in is real. I've had the problem myself, but was able to fix it without filing a ticket. As I mentioned in my other post this is a known issue which has not been fixed. From what I know, it seems the '<' character is the problematic one, thus should be avoided in group tags.

- Luc -

• Like 1

If you and your co-owner are both locked out of SL by the SVC-6608 bug, the only way to solve the problem is to have someone in LL eject you from the group.  You can try submitting and resubmitting a ticket, but that's going to be a frustrtating method.  If it works, you may also run into problems with your land, which is group owned.  I think your best course of action is for one of you to upgrade to Premium membership for a month.  You'll then have access to Live Chat.  That's more likely to get you quick attention, and you'll be able to address the land issue at the same time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.