Graphical Glitches on my Face

NJMike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There was another thread recently about picking up random textures on things.  If I can find it, I will put the link here to see if it helps.

Cinn

ETA:  I found the thread - it has to do with eyes, but maybe some of the advice there will help:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/I-did-something-to-my-eyes/td-p/1256099

NJMike wrote:

Every now and then I get a weird graphical glitch on my face, looks like this:

Other times it's pure black instead.

It went away after I took a snapshot, though...

Why does it do this?

I had this one time, and if I recall correctly, it was happening to me because I had a dual display monitor and I had somehow switched to monitor 2 from 1...a switch back to 1 alleviated the issue for me.  That was a long time ago though...not sure if that is even still a problem.

What viewer are you using?  Something like this happened to me on Firestorm.

Also, I noticed yesterday when I copied a clothing item, and then modified the texture, it would rez with the old texture on it until I rebake.  (Viewer 2)  So I decided to wear/re-wear everything and rebake so my customers don't get that happening to them :)

Another guess might be that the surface texture is controlled via a script?  if so, maybe the refresh is taking a bit?  It looks like a basic builder pattern I would use to design a custom surface texture, so it may be the texture the person used to create the prim.

you haven't happened to be using a texture alignment texture recently have you?

thats what the texture looks like to me anyways..

just putting it out there is all..i'm sure there are lots of other ways it could show up there..

i remember sometimes looking in a store and the next thing you know my top was looking like the texture of the add i was just looking at hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.