trying to increase land use (LL housing)

Mallory Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

again, I am new to LL housing (or any SL housing aside from renting) and I am trying to increase my land use (get more prims). this is what I see on my account: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n181/frozenfields/tier1.jpg

it did say "tier saved" when I saved changes, but my "about land" info looks just the same. no increase in allowed prims.

what am I doing wrong? billing cycle? something else entirely?

many thanks.

Thanks for providing a screenshot. It's helpful.

To increase the number of prims you get, you have to actually purchase more land, within the same sim as your original parcel of land, up to the amount you wish to pay each month for tier fees.

Your screenshot tells me you've elected the 1024m level, which means you can actually own a total of 1536m (the first 512m being "free" each month as part of a premium membership).

If you are in a "Linden Home" - one of those prefabs that they give free to Premium members - you can NOT remain in that type of housing and increase your prim count, at all. That home has a fixed limit, and you are only permitted to own one Linden home per account that is Premium. Two Premium accounts, even if owned by the same real-life person, can not request their homes to be in the same sim with each other, nor can they, if luck places them together, do anything to share prim count with each other.

Linden Homes are designed as starter housing. 512 M2 of land and 117 prims is all you get, period, and it can't be increased. The house on a Linden Homes parcel doesn't count against that 117 prims, because the house itself is actually set up so its root prim is just outside your parcel's edges, on "Maintenance land" owned by Governor Linden. That's why you don't actually own the house, either. You just have free use of it.

To get land that has more prims available, you will need to abandon that Linden Home, and purchase land elsewhere on the Mainland. You pay whatever the current owner wants for the land, and then pay Linden Lab a monthly tier fee to keep it. Assuming you abandoned the Linden Home before buying the new land, you could for example own up to 1536 M2 of land and remain at the $8.00 tier level. (1024 M2 that you pay tier on, plus 512 M2 that is tier-free, if and only if you don't accept the Linden Home.) That 1536 M2 parcel would give you up to 351 prims to use as you see fit. Any house that you purchase or build yourself would count against that prim limit.

Any parcels that you buy within a single sim add their total prim allowance to each other. So if you owned three 512 M2 parcels, in three different parts of the same sim, you would still have 351 prims available to share between them. You could use them all in one parcel, leaving the others empty, or divide it as you choose.

If you own parcels that are in different sims, their prim count does NOT add together. Prim limits are a function of what portion of the resources of a single sim you own land for, so what you own in some other sim doesn't affect the limits in the first sim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.