Something keeps raising my land!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know where the proper place to post this is, I can't find a help section so will post it here.

The land in question does not belong to me but the owner has given me land manager rights as he has no access to the internet for a few days. This is what happened:-

I logged in one day and the whole of one parcel had been raised to about waist height, we reverted to the save position and it was fine until about a week later I was standing on the parcel next to it  when the land raised before my eyes! The whole of the parcel I was standing on was raised the same as the first time, to about waist height I didn't notice anyone around but might not have been quick enough to notice. By the time I got over the shock and my brain kicked in and I started to check who was nearby someone could have already teleported away or logged out.(this was before I had terraforming rights, just in case anyone thinks I may have done it accidentally).

We reverted again, but a week later, the first parcel was once more raised, this time by more than double the height of the other times. Has anyone any idea what could cause this? I don't know if it's a bug or someone griefing or something else entirely. Can LL check through logs and find out what happened?

As I said, the owner has no access so can't file a report but has asked if I can find any info about it. The support section seems like a joke, the categories you can choose from to submit a ticket don't come anywhere near my problem.

Is everyone allowed to terraform there? If so, it's possible that it's the work of griefers (I've seen photos of this sort of thing and it's not pretty)....and you need to turn that off ASAP. 

Oh, and the "help" section here is called Answers. You can find it on a tab up at the top right next to the Forums tab. :smileyhappy:

If anyone with terraform rights uses any terraforming tools, check to be sure they didn't leave them sitting around.  When  I was a newb I was using a land flattener and crashed.  Since it was dinner time I made the mistake of not logging back in to pick it up.  When I got back several hours later, the whole sim had been raised up very high burying everything on it.

If it isn't that, then it has to be someone with terrarforming rights doing this.  The owner should think carefully if they ever gave rights to someone other than you and the other person.

The only other possibility is that the sim is having a problem.  If you get no where with the first two reason, the estate owner or an estate agent should contact LL and have them look at the sim.  This needs to be done when it has happened so that they can find the problem.  So if it happens again, don't revert it.  The estate owner or an agent can contact LL via live chat and talk to them about it.  If a ticket is needed then they can help you file one under the right category.

Two things occur to me.

(1) You said that the land raised up right before your eyes. Did it all raise up together in one movement, or was the area covered gradually? if you see what I mean. What I'm thinking is that a land manipulating tool would probably not cover the whole parcel area in one go, and would have to move during the operation to cover it all. So, if it all raised up together, rather than one part raising and then another part, and so on, it probably wasn't a land manipulating tool, and was probably a problem with the sim.

(2) The owner may have forgotten to remove the land ability from a previous tenant or estate manager, who may have a grudge against the owner. I don't know how private islands work in this respect, so it strikes me as a distinct possibility.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.