New to land owning just a quick question

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok I got premium membership yesterday giving me Sq m with a land fee of $0.00 and I want to buy a 4096sq m parcel when I purchase said land my land fee with raise to $25.00 now the confusing part.   Some say my account will be billed the $25.00 fee automatically or within 24 hrs,others say it will be billed in 30 days because I already own the Sq m. Tried live chat but got bored of watching the loading swirly thing for about twenty minutes. Is there a link or anything that might help explain my situation.

Thanks for any replies

Funky

How mainland holdings are billed

On the mainland, billing is based on peak usage for the prior 30 days.

As stated on the Land Use Fees page:

The Land Use Fee is a monthly charge for the peak amount of land held during the previous 30 days, including actual parcels held and land tier donated to groups.

Once the peak usage has been billed, your peak usage is reset to the current amount of land you own or have donated to a group. All land owned or donated during the prior 30 days is counted regardless of the amount of time for which it was held.

Account fees, which are separate from mainland billing, are based on the user's signup date and are paid in advance.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037#Section_.6

Note that if you tier up, and grant your land-tier to a group - even if you buy no land, the system considers it used.

You can change your land allowance on the account page to anything and never get billed for it - until you either buy the land, or give that tier to a group. Do either of those for even 1 second, and the system considers it billable for a whole month's worth.

- The lesson there is land tier unused in a group is money spent on nothing.

(points to the available land I still have and sighs...)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.