Can I do anything is someone has stolen my shop and group name?

Tamasin Parx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Before you proceed legally, it may be prudent to contact the second party privately and see if this issue can be resolved. It is possible that the other person may have begun a business using the same name in error and may be more than willing to change it before they invest time and money in their new venture.

• Like 1

Well, they can't take your group name, because LL does not allow duplication of group names, so you're safe there.  As far as the store name goes, I wouldn't worrry much about that myself, unless both of you are on the same sim.  I can't begin to imagine how many businesses in RL have the same name.  Besides, unless you have trademarked the name in RL, I doubt that there's much you can do to prevent someone else from using it anyway.

Hmmm, if its the name you use in your marketplace store that is linked in your profile, you might want to consider the fact that it is also the name of a Pixar movie released in 1989.  And of course Pixar is now owned by Disney.  So the fact that someone else is using it does not mean they stole it from you.  Maybe they stole it from Pixar.  Guarenteed it is copyrighted. 

--Cinn

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.