Buying land from private owner or LL

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A lot of people have specific things they want in land they are going to buy, which is why you see sellers here using descriptions like that...it's to give potential buyers an idea what exactly is being sold. If you don't care about any of the "special" features and just want an adult parcel, I'd suggest just pulling up the map when you are in world, look for the parcels for sale in adult sims, and start TPing around. 

As far as I know, the only way to buy anything less than a full sim from LL is to buy abandoned land. I don't see any advantage to buying from LL over buying from anyone else, as long as the parcel is what you want and the price is fair.

I think that the previous poster made a bad mistake at some stage, but it's not dicey, as that post suggests.

There is only one place where LL are the landlords of adult land, and that's on the adult continent. The chances of finding abandoned land there are slim, and you'd need to compete in the auction for it anyway. So you can't really buy a 4096 parcel from LL.

There are two choices open to you, both of which are buying from users, and not from LL:-

(1) If you have a premium account, you can buy a parcel from another user in the adult continent. It would then be your land, and LL would be your landlord. You would pay tier to LL.

(2) You can buy a parcel from an owner of a private island, and you can do that without a premium account. But it would not be your land. The island's owner continues to be the owner, and can throw you out at any time. You would pay tier/rent/call-it-what-you-will to the owner, who is just an SL user like you are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.