New SL viewer update 3.2.1 (244864) - Error

Kyrie Deka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

What does this mean, trying to use a HUD (with no previous problems over many forced SL viewer and beta updates) and this now consistently comes up in local chat over and over.  Just after forced-update in the newest SL viewer:  Second Life 3.2.1 (244864) Nov 10 2011 10:33:28 (Second Life Release) Release Notes

...(Translation failed: the parameter 'appId' must contain at least '16' characters Parameter name: appId) ...

Thanks!

ADDED:  Hiya N-thanks for answering -- it's happening in every single hud, beds... - identical error in all of them.  Just did the auto update thing in regular viewer--before that 100% fine/new computer no issues happy happy joy joy--updated and bam 100% error.  Tried to see if it reset any of the Preferences on me just in case it was something incredibly simple--if it did I sure can't find it, all looks the same as I always manually set it myself (and until now rocked).  Not sure what to think...

ADDED:  Thanks everyone for responding.  IT SEEMS that I was getting this error because either because my prior settings (before update) or the default settings (in new update) had the Google Translate checkbox checked in chat box/preferences.  So funny that now there's a fee for Google.   For anyone else in quick need:  In Preferences under Chat >> Chat Translation Settings button, you can choose either Google or Bing -- quite frankly I unchecked the thing and solved the problem altogether.  But if I miss it, thanks to response below, I can steal the time from doing other things and run off to get a Bing thingy and enter it in the box in Preferences.  I'll only steal time away from an otherwise manic calendar to do so if/when I miss it.  It was a terrible nuisance over and over in the chat box couldn't find the real chat in between all that repetitive error!  Thanks again everyone for responding!

7 answers to this question

Bugger, I hate to say it but I think Ceera may be right. Clean uninstall/reinstall.

When I updated to the latest I had absolutely no issues (Which I'm happy about lol), and I didn't even do a clean un/re.

O one more thing, it's probably blledingly obvious, but sometimes it's the obvious we overlook. Are you on land that allows scripts to run?

Also, you could try detaching the HUD, find in inventory and rezz it. then select/edit it, using advanced hit set scripts to running. then take it back and re-wear it. Maybe the script has schitzed out???

I think Charolotte may have nailed it. Any HUD that used Google Translate is busted now, because Google shut off their free translation API. And it is quite possible that the real issue may be local chat attempting to translate with the built-in google chat translate option, that is also dead now. That might even include any HUD or device that talks in local chat at all, if you have the translate option on in the viewer. (For example, most sex HUDs that say things in chat when triggered).

(Just tested: Got exactly that error if I turn on gopogle translate in local chat, and typed anything. Got no errors from the HUDs that I tried, but my HUDS don't talk in nearby chat.)

Thanks SO much, Google!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.