i cannot take off the newbie hair base whats wrong how do i fix it

Taya Schimmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

The body parts Hair, Skin, Eyes, and Shape can't be "removed". They have to be replaced by another item of the same type.

Mosy, but not all, prim hair comes with a "Bald" base, that makes the avatar system mesh hair go away.

You can make your own "Bald" hair base by creating a new "Hair" body part type, wearing it while not wearing any prim hair, and adjusting the appearance sliders until all the visible hair vanishes within your skull. Save that and you'll have a bald base you can use with most prim hair.

Interesting, I also have this problem and changing to another hairbase and changing skin has not removed it. Fortunately the new hairbase did cover the newb one.

The hair in question is the Musician Female Hair

Weird weird weird

Oooo just might have worked out what Im doing wrong, I keep "adding" hairbases, not "wearing" them.

And I just worked out, if you are trying to wear a skin that has a built in hair base (eg you dont actually wear a seperate hairbase as its included in the skin layer), such as Laqroki skins (not having a dig at Laq, I wear Laq skins & love them).

So the solution is wear an actual hairbase, its icon in your inventory will look like a head, not a body.

That just fixed my problems, so I think it will sort out your issue too.

Good luck :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4586 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.