Account on Hold?

Freya126

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, so i have just made this alternative account to inform some second life friends why i am unable to log in. I figured id aska couple questions here.

Ive been a resident of second life for slightly over a year and ive never had any issues with anything, at least not to this extent. Ive filed a case and called, they were no help on the phone and still not much help here online.

I had no idea why my account(s i have 4 active avatars) are put on hold, i asked why and all i got back was the following (with names removed)

Hello *******,

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab. We held your account for a security review and need some information from you.

What is your relationship to ******** What information can you provide regarding the L$ ****** sent you?

Regards,
Fan Linden

Now i replied that the person was a friend and they sent me some L$ to help me pay for something i wanted, as simple as that. I gave them the information about this time yesterday.  My only guess is that the L$ i was given was fraud or stolen. But id like to know how long i will have to wait, because as im sure other residents know, its hard to stay away from SL for a period of time, i also have a store and breedables that i cant get to right now because of this. Ive  invested lots of time and money into second life and im not happy about my accounts being put on hold for them to ask me this question and then ignore me after i answer it. How long can i expect to wait for this to be taken care of? Its extremely upsetting, and reasonably so. My marketplace store is down, my profile(s) are no longer showing up, my inworld items and land is still there. (thankfully) But im not sure what to do, im considering opening another case, but im not sure what else to do, Im getting impatient of just sitting around and waiting for a reply.

If you've been either the giver or receiver of a large amount of Linden dollars in one go, LL will often investigate, ask such questions, and place an account on hold.  They have to err on the side of caution, can't afford to risk fronting a money laundering service.  However, if there are chatlogs between you and the friend who passed the Linden dollars to you, please let LL know this, as they do have information stored on their servers that should back this up and prove you are not money laundering.

I wish you luck.

The best way to solve a fraud / Secuirty issue is simply to respond to the ticket Linden Lab updated, and simply tell them what you are telling us here on the forum, and the truth. The L$ could have been fraud, or stolen in which case they might ask for ID, and if no wrong doing is found on your end they will more than likely unlock all your accounts.

Also depending on how much L$ it was it could have simply been a suspecious transcation it depends really as there are some third party companies that sell L$ although I do not buy from third parties much myself and something like 100k L$ trading hands really fast to an account with no payment info for example and not very old can look suspecious not saying that this is the case.

It could also be a problem where you used a proxy, or logged in from a public location of an IP address that was previously flagged, but again there is a lot of things when it comes to tese type of investergations and for the most part you as the user shouldn't have to do anything beyond answer the questions of who gave you the L$, and tell them if it was a friend, a family member or something for example.

It could also be a griefer who on purpose wanted to get your account suspended, or cause an issue, some griefers will try to setup a fraud complaint to get others on hold, temporay blocked or such, and if I noticed any unknown L$ on my account I would immediately file a report to LL for investergation just so everyone knows about this, as it could help an innocent person, save yourself problems, and help Linden Lab too, and I know two other people who had a similar issue before.

Just reply to it, and tell LL the truth about it and I believe it should all be okay, I know how pissed off people can get when an account gets put on hold ive been through it a few times but I am still here and beyond the accusations others throw out about me this is my main, and I dont hide behind alts.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.