merchant search by item to find customers

sunshine Juneberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was trying to find customers who bought one of my outfits to send them updated version of the outfit. Is there a way to  find  customers who bought particular items? I looked but perhaps missed it?

What would be nice, is if i could type in the name of the product, and then see of list of everyone that bought that particular product.

Hippo Vend has this feature, it doesnt seem like it should be too hard to implement

What i have been doing is is opening REPORT/ORDERS then going back through months of sales manually searching for sales and writing down each name.

If you are trying to do this with your market place sales, you can find who bought what in your reports.  If it is from your store, you would have to go through your transaction record but you already knew this.

A lot of things would be nice, such as more than 30 days for reports when 1/2 of the months have 31 days.  But yes, the reporting has a long way to go and anything like this would take more storage.  Keep in mind the Linden Labs storage is near the petabyte range and growing.  Even if it sounds like it would be easy to implement, so are many other things that we have been asking about for years.  They simply don't care what we want it's more about what Linden Labs wants these days.

What I have done is create my own database on my PC and load the raw XL file to it every month. Due to the fact that we can only get reprots for 30 days and not 31, I end up missing 6 days a year of my records.

I have thought that an offworld online system to manage our sales and reporting would be ideal and Darrius is working on something like this that would also allow the customers to request their items to be resent (copy items that is).

30 days history is a joke but if you can read and follow instructions, grab some chocolate and a coffee and watch this 5 minute movie to learn how to have MP send all the transaction data to your own live database.

The end of the movie shows how to grab that at any time in something like Excel from which it's rather trivial to sort and take the column of names or UUID's to feed into a mailer to send out.

It's not that different from what Chelsea suggested only that the data logging is automatic and won't require you to remember to download from Marketplace every month or whatever.

Movie here http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Setting-up-Marketplace-to-use-ANS-and-log-to-an-external/m-p/1107297/highlight/true#M9323

amarock Amat wrote:

*coughs* sounds like a business oppertunity to turn a rss feeder of sales, that go to your email, into a database and then host them in a visually appelling way ****quotes*** Does this already with someones system in world and love it

That's doesn't seem elegant.  ANS is simpler and the right solution for the job. The ANS method is simple.  Define a receiving URL on the Marketplace webpage.  Set up PHP page on host, that inserts to SQL.  It's about 10 to 15 minutes to implement following the tutorial I linked to.

All the parts are there already and it doesn't require any additional bits to be written to do this so no business opportunity :)

OK, i have watched it a few times and wow, good stufff and so far over my head it hurts...lol.  You're too damned smart girl but that's what I love about ya.

I think I'd better stick to my Access DB stuff since it does not require a programmer but if I had one, (or when i do) I am all over this idea.

It is called "report sorting".  Its something that any webstore in the world lets you do except the Marketplace. I am starting to be convinced that whomever is running the marketplace is either incompetent or engaged in blatant sabotage.

I must have asked 100 times for this feature since this busted up wreck of a website went live.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.