Getting Script Warning/Error....Permission Trigger Animation

Karrie Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are getting it everywhere you go, then it would be something attached to you like an AO a dance HUD, or something else that animates your avatar. If you are only getting it in one location, chances are its furniture or some object that has animations in it.

The name of the object should be given as part of the warning.  Locate it the next time you get the warning and reset the scripts. If its something attached to you, you should detach it and rez it out on the ground to do this. If you can't reset the scripts then take it into inventory are re-rez it.

If this doesn't stop it, then let give us a few more details, such as the oobject doing this and any patterns of reoccurance you can see along with the complete message your getting and we may be able to help more.  You can also contact the creator of the object for advice.

• 3 months later...

That particular error usually appears when the scripter has tried to start an animation without getting your permission to do it.  Actually, it's even more common for a scripter to write a script that asks to stop an animation  -- after you have stood up and have retracted the automatic permission that started it.  In any case, it's a common newbie scripter error, and sometimes one that even experienced scripters make.  If you find the object -- easy enough to do since you know its name -- then delete or disable it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know I am responding to an old post, but it is the same problem I have and I  hope you see this.  Aa notice box appears on screen with animation error:

Be Happy Attachement 2 min (smile animation)
Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set

I have tried stop animations, have searched inventory in all iterations of the words in the error message and have searched on worn and see nothing related to animations, smile, and especially be happy. Been trying to get rid of this for a while, any suggestions? and if not how can I escalate to get some help?

Thanks!

Elle Bella

If you are sure that is is not attached to you, then it has to be somewhere on the sim.  You probably dropped it when you thought you were detaching it sometime. The only way to make it stop sending the message is to find it and delete it (or take it back to your inventory).  The object is almost certainly very small and possibly transparent, so you'll need to highlight transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T) and then be prepared for a long hunt.  If you are lucky, you might be able to narrow down the search by using Build >>> Pathfinding >>> Linksets.  The tool at that location can help you find objects anywhere in the same sim. 

BTW, there is no way to "escalate".  Challenges like this are for SL residents to resolve, with the help of friends.  :smileywink:

• 11 months later...

but I keep getting a "script error" PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set?   help anyone?

Strawberry dipped in Melted Chocolate?
I bought a strawberry, that when rezzed, allows you to pick it up and eat it with animation?
Problem is after you take it the script still runs.
Problem is after you delete it the script still runs.

"whispers: Yummm! Fresh Strawberry dipped in melted chocolate."
Yummm, my donkey, makes me want to yell something obscene?

I have pulled my hair out, now I'm bald??
I've rebooted, I've deleted it from my inventory.
I've even debated about the advice of pulling out
my sword and beating it to death?
HELP?  Anyone know how to get rid of it.
It is a nuisance.....and my blood pressure cannot take it anymore...lol

Frustrating.  Still, as I said in earlier posts, a script cannot exist in world unless it is IN a rezzed object. So, you obviously haven't deleted whatever it is. ( Deleting it from your inventory doesn't count.  It could sit there till the end of time and have no effect, because it's not rezzed in world. )  So, if you have removed absolutely everything that is on you (or in you) and haven't found the object, it has to be rezzed somewhere nearby.  Use the tips described in earlier posts and keep hunting.  It's the only way out, frustrating as that sounds.

One thing that's changed in the years since this thread started is the availability of LSL functions for returning objects. So, if the offending Strawberry is rezzed free-standing, not attached, and if it's on a parcel with appropriate ownership, a script might run a sensor to find it, then use llReturnObjectsByID to get rid of it, without anybody having to capture the thing in the Build Tool.

• 4 years later...

Hello, I am having the same problem. This is an animation from a Maitreya Omega System. Error is  "Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" I have deleted the original item as well as the relay it contained. I have done an area search and deleted any items with that name, gone to another sim and it is still there, I've ruthed myself and it is still there. I've emptied the trash in my inventory, I've deleted the animation script, I reset all the scripts before I deleted the items, and nothing will stop it. Any thoughts?  Thank you so much in advance

Edited by Bonita Denimore

6 minutes ago, Bonita Denimore said:

Hello, I am having the same problem. This is an animation from a Maitreya Omega System. Error is  "Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set" I have deleted the original item as well as the relay it contained. I have done an area search and deleted any items with that name, gone to another sim and it is still there, I've ruthed myself and it is still there. I've emptied the trash in my inventory, I've deleted the animation script, I reset all the scripts before I deleted the items, and nothing will stop it. Any thoughts?  Thank you so much in advance

What viewer you using?

3 minutes ago, Bonita Denimore said:

Firestorm, but I just found the problem. The Area search didn't show all the offending objects , but a pathfinding search did. I tped to it, reset the script and all is well. Thank you for the quick response!

Next time revoke perms under the avatar > avatar health tab.

2 minutes ago, steph Arnott said:

Next time revoke perms under the avatar > avatar health tab.

Hi- Actually I did. That's what triggered the warning. The item asked for permission to animate but didn't give a channel to stop animations. I didn't know how to get out of it so I tried Stop avatar animations, and when that didn't work I tried revoke permissions...and that's when the errors started.

1 minute ago, Bonita Denimore said:

Hi- Actually I did. That's what triggered the warning. The item asked for permission to animate but didn't give a channel to stop animations. I didn't know how to get out of it so I tried Stop avatar animations, and when that didn't work I tried revoke permissions...and that's when the errors started.

Odd, any how have fun.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.