Question regarding ways to improve viewer/world speed without affecting view quality

Eve Greymoon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.  I tried the new LL viewer last night, and am still having the same problem I have been having with both V2 and now V3.  Namely, the world lags when I use the LL viewer. My draw is only on 128, graphics on high, which is acceptable in all 3rd party viewers.  I'm back to firestorm now because I cannot move smoothly using the LL viewer at 128 or even 64, but I normally run Firestorm (and Kirstens before it) at around 500 draw distance and on high settings and everything's smooth and beautiful.

So I'm wondering what the difference is between the TPVs and the LL viewer that is causing such a huge performance difference for me.  Is it something I can fix with a simple setting in preferences or a debug setting that will give me smooth movement and good performance at that high a draw without sacrificing the quality of the world around me?

(Please don't make this another bashing the LL viewer thread.  I really am looking for help here.)

Eve Greymoon wrote:

(Please don't make this another bashing the LL viewer thread.  I really am looking for help here.)

That seems to be seriously limiting replies. It may be some internal change to the code that users are unable to affect by altering preferences. My suggestion would be to open your graphics settings in preferences and experiment to see if you can find something that improves the performance. If not, you'll have to wait for the developers to fix it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.