Where Are Breedables Allowed?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

None of what i have presents who i live near with a long line of horses rumps that cause lag (who scripts these things). Again, at least people are already starting to give them to people they just meet, so I hope this means they are on their way out. Rather spend a lot on things that doesn't cause issues with people i live near.

Syd

I agree. It is like a laggy smoke stack. In the mean time...I guess the people who make them are making a mint. The heards must need to be feed by the people who are in considerate of the people next to them. Again, we can hope people will get tired of the pyramid scehme and stop. Mean while, ca-ching for the makers.

Syd

Hi Amethyst and Hello all,

My problem is that I have had to continually move due to some neighbor lagging out the sim with breedables. And when I have complained to the estate manager, I have had very little help on the matter except for a sim reset which doesn't solve much really except maybe the initial period of time after the reset?  What I would like to know is where can I find a place that does _not_ allow breedables. I have tried to search that in SL search and I just seem to find places that do allow it. 

Do you have a recommendation of someone to talk with, or a real estate group to check out? Thanks!

C. X.

By the way, I think they give away the undesirable horses (aka culling).  I had a neighbor who would stick horses up around 4096 meters high to let them die up there. I was rezzing a platform around 4050 and I had the shock of my second life. lol.  I had found the rainbow bridge, but some of them weren't quite dead yet.

• 3 years later...

I know this blog is so very old but I am hoping to find help with breedables, as the person was who originally posted this...we purchased our land and read the covenant which states ... 

Allowed:

✔ Horses, dogs, cats, meeros but you have to disconnect motion and sound. Over 1000 meters (height).

That being said, our neighbor have no horses, nor dogs, nor cats and not a meeroo insight...and they are definately not above 1000 meters! They have Dwarfs, Tigers, somethings that look like meeroos on steroids, and after the landowner talked to them they have now since set up a pen for Krafties....can you say scream boys and girls?

Yes we have terrible lag, and when we contacted the land owner, we were told that they told the neighbor that they would make an exception...since no one was living next door and they were there first. Thus breaking their own covenant. Is there anything that can be done in this case, can you hold a landowner to their own covenant?  I am so tired of having to move everytime breeders move in...where's the justice squad in SL?

Move.

If the landlord allows it, that's the end of the discussion. Time to move.

I'd personally suggest mainland. Though the SL TOS means they could set them up anywhere on mainland - the investment to have a large breedables plot on mainland seems to cause a lot of them to give it up after a while and look for a breedables friendly estate.

That or... you find the people doing it are using less laggy breedables.

Also once you buy into mainland, selling your lot often helps fund the next one, so even if you have to keep moving on mainland, its not so bad.

Also... until you find a location that is stable and free of the thngs that bother you - package your stuff in ways that are easy to pick up and move.

I kept copies of my build as giant linksets all with an identical prim in the middle as a root prim, for a few years, so that I could rez 3 or 4 linksets, move the root prim to the same spot for all of them, and then unlink it, and be done. I then had a note telling me how far from the root everything that was both no-copy and no-mod was... And if just no-mod, I just used the "root prim" idea unlinked, but with a bright colored prim in the middle I could "eyeball" when rezzing as a group of items.

I also kept a few megaprims around sized to cover all the space of my stuff, so I could rez them first, move them around, and have something in the middle that showed me the spot to rez my stuff at.

- I used to be able to move and have a new build done in about an hour.

I also took to living in skyboxes, and having the ground used for plants, forest, pond... etc... things I could "sacrifice" if trying to 'wait out a bad neighbor'. Took me a few years to find a sim full of people who, though I know almost none of them - seem determined to not move from their plots... and who's builds, even if I didn't care for, didn't bug some personality quirk of mine. :)

You need to find land on an estate that has a covenant specifically forbidding breedables.  They are out there.  While an estate can change the covenant a reputable estate owner won't do that.  So look for land on an estate with a good reputation that has been around for a while.  Talk to the estate owner about your concerns too and see what they have to say.   Some estate owners are adamant about not allowing breedables, while other's may be wishy washy about it if questioned. 

Since the mainland has no covenant for the most part, mainland isn't the answer as you can have as many as you want there and can even have them roam around and do things with no restrictions at all.  Even if you found a region of people that don't have them there is no guarantee that someone won't move or get some in the future.

I thought they made changes a year or so ago such that scripts were much less likely to cause lag. That the script counting tools we have available are mostly useless for finding the sort of scripts that night cause lag anyway. In my experience lag issues are mostly client side graphics issues with too many textures, too conplex mesh or some alpha textured plants and grasses.

The biggest lagger causing lag for alot of people was the grass in a felix japanese garden I had in the middle of the sim. I took that out and people reported frsme rates doubling. It was a sculptie not mesh so not entirely sure why it was a problem. I am no expert with lag. Alot of people have out of date info on the subject, it is something I have heard so many conflicting views on it is hard to know what to do. Before blaming the breedables see if the problem is sim wide, is your friend ok in a skybox on the sim and only peoblems at ground level? do you or others have same problems? if your answer to those is both no, then the issue isn't server side or scripts and therefore not the breedables.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.