Hey Im New Here

Puffalina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey im new on second life and I was wondering if alot of people still play this game. I have been on for about an hour and everywhere i teleport to seems to be empty.

What are some of the best places to go to hang out and have a good time?

And what are some of the best jobs in populated areas?

Lol if anyone can help or show me around that would be awsome :)

Thanks sooo much

Puffalina

hi Puff,

The sims are mostly empty because there a plenty of events that happening in Second Life now. Some places are not as popular as the others and most people here seemed to have something in common and so the place that identifies them a lot is where they will congregrate.

If you would like to know what are the currently hot places frequented by the avatars check on your Destination guide or Search and look for the bar meter on each of the ads you see there. The more you see the bar head lights up in red, the busier the sim will be.

Also you might want to have yourself age verified as well. Some places are rated in Mature and Adult so you wanna make sure that you have access to all these rated locations.

As for jobs.. I'm sorry I have not worked in Second Life before other than building stuff for fun. I would suggest you to learn all the basic things like changing your clothes and hairs before talking to residents in-world in getting any jobs you preferred.

Welcome to Second Life

Puffalina wrote:

Hey im new on second life and I was wondering if alot of people still play this game. I have been on for about an hour and everywhere i teleport to seems to be empty.

Lol if anyone can help or show me around that would be awsome
:)

Thanks sooo much

Puffalina

Hi Puffalina!  Welcome to Second Life, and to the Second Life Forums!  Feel free to friend, or look me up.  I can bring you to places with lots of people!  Far out!

Peace!

I'm old here and find that to be true too but if u join some groups they will usually spam you to some intresting events that they are having from time to time. job wise I hire people from time to time mostly for noobs with excellent pay and fun trying to help get tihe economy going; feel free to look at my other post about easy L$ and join the fun on those days.

A great place to start is a place called The Shelter.  Lots of people, dancing, PG atmosphere, as well as people who are prepared to answer questions for newcomers.

Also look for events, and look for DJ, dance or live music events.  If you like Blues, a great club is Fogbound.  If you like metal music, a great club is Industrial Dreamz.  Another great club with rock, country, variety is called Muddy's.  All with lots of attendees.

Try visiting Lionheart community.  Misty Mountains.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, Puffalina!

You should explore!  Visit the Destination Guide via the viewer's magnifying glass tab or by going here: http://search.secondlife.com/

You can meet a lot of new friends easily by visited populated locations, and simply have fun!  :)

To find out more about making friends in Second Life, go here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Friends_in_Second_Life

Puffalina wrote:

Lol if anyone can help or show me around that would be awsome
:)

Thanks sooo much

Puffalina

There's many of us out there.

I find the easiest way to find lots of folks is to search events - look at current ones, and click the map option. If you see a lot of green dots, that's other folks at that spot.

The thing is that at any one time there are between 35,000 to 58,000 people logged into Second Life (out of about a million of us, a few hundred thousand of which arte active). But there are over 35,500 'regions' - full sized maps. Each of those can have many locations in it. People tend to cluster together when being social - which means that at any given moment most of SL is vacant.

Think of it like this. Its a world of people, and they live in this giant city with 1 block for every 1 of them, and most of the time its the middle of the night in about 3/4ths of he city... :)

But the party moves. :)

The 'green dots' are here one moment, and there the next. Once you find some friends you'll be zipping about the map like the rest of us, and sometimes wandering through vast empty space with a friend or two just to look in wonder at things people have made.

Once you get used to the map - you'll notice the green dots tend to be clustered in some places very often, while other spots tends to only have 1 or 2 at a time.

EDIT: Ack... got hit by a necro post ausing me to respond to something old. Hope the OP is still out there enjoying SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.