No in-world store

namssab1nad Piers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

At one time, LL was going to allow selling on the marketplace without requiring land ownership (store) in-world.  Is that still true?  They were going to have a minimal charge for your majic box to be sitting somewhere.  I can't find any information out about that.  I had a store at one time, but had to leave SL for a year and a half for personal reasons (health).  Now that I am back would like to get into the Marketplace at least with my products.

Thanks,

Namss

You don't have to have an inworld store, Nams.  But you do need to have a place to rez a magic box to put your product into.  There are relatively inexpensive and perhaps maybe even free places to do so, but I don't have a list in my pocket.

Perhaps someone else does.

You might want to read up on the direct delivery system as well.  Am assuming that when that system is put into place, that you won't have to worry about a place to rez a magic box either. 

Yes, correct; you can shift your worry from the question of where you have boxes rezzed (which you can somewhat control in advance of possible problems) to the question of whether your folders currently even exist as far as the delivery system is concerned (which you cannot control at all). 

BTW: I have never had an in-world store. So far, I have never wanted one either. On the whole, SLM sells OK by itself, in spite of how its management and continued development have been handled by LL.

Josh Susanto wrote:

Yes, correct; you can shift your worry from the question of where you have boxes rezzed (which you can somewhat control in advance of possible problems) to the question of whether your folders currently even exist as far as the delivery system is concerned (which you cannot control at all). 

BTW: I have never had an in-world store. So far, I have never wanted one either. On the whole, SLM sells OK by itself, in spite of how its management and continued development have been handled by LL.

However its worth remembering that a folder can be created by right clicking in your inventory and selecting 'New Folder'. So maybe not too much to worry about for most of us.

Josh Susanto wrote:

However its worth remembering that a folder can be created by right clicking in your inventory and selecting 'New Folder'. So maybe not too much to worry about for most of us.

Yeah. I can make folders. I can make a lot of things that already aren't there to manually send when they suddenly also don't show in any of my boxes.

My point was that if LL already can't keep simple objects from temporarily disappearing from my inventory, further extending the problem to affect higher-order elements of the market system might not be much of an improvement.

>IM me in-world.  I have a couple of parcels where you can rezz a magic box for a while, for free.

Thanks. I may do that eventually.

But, according to what I observe so far, "region problems" affecting a box in one region will also disrupt communications between SLM and boxes in other regions belonging to the same user account.

Yeah. I know that's not how people say it works. But that IS how it works so far, at least in my own case.

More regions = more interregional problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.