simple avatar photo to profile in viewer2 versus phoenix

chesterburnett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interestingly if you are on Viewer2 you take a snapshot and upload photo but you cant add photo tp profile because it sez its in wrong format which requires a photo editor to change it for acceptance and lots of steps to do it. BUT if you have Phoenix

you go to that and just pick your avatar and profile and drag the photo from your inventory to it and presto its done. So my question is...if viewer2 is the new thing why so hard to do this simple operation!!!!!

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello. If you take a snapshot using the official viewer, you can save the pic in your hard disk as: a) .png b) .jpeg and c) .bmp You can upload: a) .png b) .jpg c) .gif

So, why you don't save your snapshots as .png files?

Because if i decide to post them in the Forums, Lithium tells me the file is to large!

chesterburnett wrote:

Interestingly if you are on Viewer2 you take a snapshot and upload photo but you cant add photo tp profile because it sez its in wrong format which requires a photo editor to change it for acceptance and lots of steps to do it. BUT if you have Phoenix

you go to that and just pick your avatar and profile and drag the photo from your inventory to it and presto its done. So my question is...if viewer2 is the new thing why so hard to do this simple operation!!!!!

Does it still cost 10L to save a photo to your inventory in Phoenix? If so, then every time I wanted to change my photo it would cost me money. Saving photos to hard drive and using them in my profile is free. Changing a photo from one format to another is only a few steps and is not necessary at all if you just save it in the compatible format to begin with. So the difference, it seems, comes to: free plus a few clicks, or simple drag and drop but charges a fee. Is that correct?

Perrie Juran wrote:

LoveAngeL Lyre wrote:

Hello. If you take a snapshot using the official viewer, you can save the pic in your hard disk as: a) .png b) .jpeg and c) .bmp You can upload: a) .png b) .jpg c) .gif

So, why you don't save your snapshots as .png files?

Because if i decide to post them in the Forums, Lithium tells me the file is to large!

Photos must be less than 1000kb for the forums. Most photo editing software (that I am aware of) has a save for web feature that allows you to specify the size you want to convert your photo to. I take all my inworld photos as PNG and convert them to JPG for the forums.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.