Magic Box not working

Ricardo Avalira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was having trouble with syncing a new item i added to my Magic Box. I had others in there and everything was working just fine. Then, I added another and couldn't get it to sync up and show up in my inventory. I read the archives and someone suggested getting a new Magic Box, which I did.

I backed up everything and reloaded the new Magic Box. I forced an update and when I went back to my inventory, everything is showing up as Unavailable and pink, so I can't even check them to List them. I doesn't do me any good to Edit them, they just remain unavailable and now everything is gone from my store. What the hell is going on?

Can someone help?

Yikes!! My best research is this from a stickied thread:

Submitting a Customer Support Ticket

If you have an issue with the Marketplace, submit a customer support ticket, select Marketplace as the type of problem and choose among these options::

• Marketplace failed delivery: If you have not received an item you paid for, please submit a support request that includes the order number and the name(s) of the item(s) that failed to be delivered. You may also contact the seller directly.
  • Marketplace item listing issues: Select if you are a merchant and have questions about Listing Enhancements, product listings, or listing guidelines. In your ticket, please include a link to the item you have questions about.
  • General Marketplace issues: Use if you have one of the following issues:
    • Commission refund: If you are a merchant and you have refunded a customer for a purchase, Linden Lab will refund the commission to you. Please refund the entire price to the customer, then submit a ticket that includes the SLM order number, buyer’s name, and the line from your Second Life transaction history.
    • Bug reports: If you believe you have found a new bug and are not sure if you should file a JIRA, please submit a ticket with details on the problem. Include what you were doing when you encountered the issue, the exact text of error messages, the operating system and browser versions you are using, and screen shots if possible.
    • Shopping cart issues: please submit a ticket with details on what you are seeing.
    • Negative reviews for failed deliveries: you should flag the review instead of using the Customer Support Portal.

Pink+ unavailable means it's not finding the items in your magic box, or the box itself. This might have happened because you deleted the old box before the new one had time to register. (btw replacing the box isn't necessary)

Are they showing up yet? If not, check if your box is online at https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=adminservers (yes it's at the old xstreet site. It will try to forward you the the SLM, just press "cancel" when it does).

If the box is there but you're still not seeing the items when you Synch back at your SLM listing page, reset the box via menu inworld, give it a while to communicate with server and go back to its normal colour, then try synching again. Make sure you refresh the page after Synch.

If that doesn't work, then contact support for more info.

It's not a new problem, just that the process of updating the display of box items is a bit clunky and requires all the steps being done in the right order (ideally the list and page would update itself automatically, as it used to with xstreet).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.