Derendering someone

Tesa Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Derendering and uncloudiness are different things.  Derendering is easy.

• Access the Asset Blacklist from the Phoenix menu at the top of your screen.
  • Click on the item you want to rerender, note avatars show as objects.
  • Click the Remove button.
  • Change your group tag, or teleport out and back.

If you can see the person, as an av or as a cloud, the person is re-rendered.  If he is derendered, he'll be completely invisible.  Blocking/muting the person won't derender him OR make him into a cloud.  It will make him look gray to you, that's all. If he's a cloud, it's because he's having a connection problem.  It's nothing you can do anything about.  If he really wants to know how to be uncloudy, tell him to look at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_bake_fail and work down from the top of the list.

Typically derendering works well. It acts different ways in different viewers, some more permanent than others. HOWEVER, some object pop back into being in just a few seconds. These seem to be items that are scripted (at least for me). Others stay gone until I log out or change sims and come back. I am in Firestorm. So if you person isn't staying derendered, they may have a scripted item on that is keeping them (or returning them to visibility).

I have also noted that blocking some incoming messages from scripted mail servers does NOTHING so far as keeping the messages from not returning. I suspect this is a similar issue. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future. For now, depending on your viewer, it seems like we are sometime stuck with the inability to do what we desire.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.