I can't access the grid

Jokeress Austinmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot seem to log into the game. Not even from 3 different viewers (one of which is the Linden Labs one) I've tried firewalls allowing it, still says it cannot access the grid. The internet works too, or I couldn't have typed this. Please help me.

Updated 6:28 PM SLT

I shut down and restarted both my computer and modem, but no such luck in logging in. Still says I cannot access the grid.

it says:

Unable to connect to grid

Despite our best efforts, something unexpected has gone wrong

Can someone help me?

4 answers to this question

It might just be a local problem with the sim where you are trying to log in.  If so, as the other have suggested, the problem should go away if you log in somewhere else.  Often, though, the problem has nothing to do with SL's servers.  Check your firewall and antivirus settings.  It's fairly common for one or the other to treat SL as a suspicious program and to deny you access.

Read here >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configure_your_software_firewall for good advice about how to set an exclusion for SL in your firewall.

Read here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=as_anti-virus_white_listing_steps  to see how to configure your anti-virus software to tell it to let you into SL.

Hi Jokeress,

I have experienced this serveral times on different ocassions.  Luckily the problem seems to resolve in the same way it appears.  On its own.

Recently there has been a lot of rolling of regions.  Try logging into a specific region different from the one you are trying to get into and with low traffic preferably.  You can choose this from your sign in page.

By any chance are you on a Mac?.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.