Sign in to follow this  
Jokeress Austinmer

I can't access the grid

Question

Try another region. (Smith is a popular suggestion.) It's possible the region you logged off in has gone flaky for whatever reason.

That's all I can think of, but perhaps someone else has a better idea.

4 answers to this question

Try another region. (Smith is a popular suggestion.) It's possible the region you logged off in has gone flaky for whatever reason.

That's all I can think of, but perhaps someone else has a better idea.

It might just be a local problem with the sim where you are trying to log in.  If so, as the other have suggested, the problem should go away if you log in somewhere else.  Often, though, the problem has nothing to do with SL's servers.  Check your firewall and antivirus settings.  It's fairly common for one or the other to treat SL as a suspicious program and to deny you access.

Read here >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configure_your_software_firewall for good advice about how to set an exclusion for SL in your firewall.

Read here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=as_anti-virus_white_listing_steps  to see how to configure your anti-virus software to tell it to let you into SL.

Hi Jokeress,

I have experienced this serveral times on different ocassions.  Luckily the problem seems to resolve in the same way it appears.  On its own.

Recently there has been a lot of rolling of regions.  Try logging into a specific region different from the one you are trying to get into and with low traffic preferably.  You can choose this from your sign in page.

By any chance are you on a Mac?.