I can't upgrade to Premium account. I tried 5 times and all i got is Customer Payment Declined.

nxraven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried 5 times and all i got is Customer Payment Declined. My age is verfyed and My Visa Electron is verifyed as well here on SL site (not on paypal cause im not using paypal) but 5 times im getting the same message:

Dear nxraven,

We noticed you have tried to upgrade your Second Life membership. Unfortunately, we were unable to successfully bill you.

For more details, visit your account history page at https://secondlife.com/my/account/history.php

If you wish to try again, please visit https://secondlife.com/my/account/membership.php

Best Regards,
The Linden Lab Team

Please help!

5 answers to this question

Hello nxraven. I wonder what else we could suggest now if LL didn't give more details about how you can fix the problem. Visa Electron included into the list with acceptable payment methods. However there are many causes for a credit card failure. My feeling is that the best you can do is to contact Billing Support. There are toll free numbers available 24/7. If none of those numbers are in your country you can email to: support@payments.secondlife.com  Good luck.

• Like 1

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

Have you tried making a small $L purchase? You can also try deleting your payment information and re-entering it. There may be a problem with your card. Have you made a recent purchase in RL using that card? If it's working in RL and not in SL, there's a problem with the system; but if it's not working in RL, you need to try your bank. The best advice I can give is to call billing support at one of the numbers listed above and see what they can tell you.

Some credit card companies do not accept transactions from some online sources unless you specifically call them and authorize it.  Apparently, the $1.00 transaction LL uses to verify your payment method was rejected by Visa Electron.  Call your credit card company, tell them that you authorize billings from Linden Lab, and then try again.

Well I guess i have to face it and stay like ordinary member :( I tried to purcase 1000 lindens and it failed. Its not a problem with my card cause I use other web sites for shopping and every other site accept my credit card except SL site. My card is working very well in RL and i called my bank operator and she said that I can use it everywhere on the internet and theres no problems with the card. I had to buy lindens from crossworlds exchange and they accepted my payment so thats the way i use lindens in SL. I wrote to the support (cause im unable to call them, its very very expensive to call them from my country) and they offered me to try Opera browser...I tried that and i have same problems..still.
Thanks for your help anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.