Something Major Happening...

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know what's going on but, suddenly, my listed items are going "Unavailable" and disappearing from my store listings.  So far, these items are things that have been listed for a long time.  I received no messages from MP indicating any of them have been flagged for wrong category, so I don't understand why they would go unavailable.  I logged in to check my magic boxes and both are still there, all items are present in them.  I reset the boxes and went into edit on a couple of the items and then checked again and they STILL show unavailable.

Resyncing didn't help either. 

Maybe some of you should check your unavailable items in your inventory and see if you too have some that have changed for no reason. 

I'm at a loss on this one.  :matte-motes-angry:

On EDIT:  First there was 5 unavailable, then 9, then 10 and now 12, but the count at the top shows 71!  If I really do have 71 items removed SOMEHOW...I'm gonna be one upset individual!

On EDIT again:  Now they have all reposted by themselves!  That was frustrating, okay?  Let's not do that again. 

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

It sounds almost like they messed with the Keyword indexing again which somehow flagged your content in the wrong category.  My MP is ok.

Yes, that's a possibility.  Who knows though since I got no messages from the system saying that those postings have been flagged.  I'm glad yours is OK, Miss Chelsea!

From my experience, "unavailable" usually means the item can't be found in a magic box anywhere, ie the box is offline or no item of that name exists.

I don't know how often the web software checks in with the boxes, apart from manual box updates or sales, so maybe the sim with your boxes had been offline at some point and it took a while for the web to catch up.

I keep a set of boxes in three different sims to account for this (and also to speed up delivery and reduce the risk of errors in the case of multiple purchases in quick succession).

Nothing fundamental's changed to the delivery system itself.

If your deliveries are now working since you finally decided to follow instructions about magic box deployment instead of looking for conspiracies as to why it wasn't working for you, that's great.

Assuming that your personal experience automatically reflects some overall trend is unscientific and unproductive. Use it as a starting point for further investigation, sure, but in the absence of more logical investigation it only leads to crackpot theories that are unsubstantiated by any body of evidence.

I'm not following the instructions.

And my deliveries are better not only than they were before I tried the instructions, but also better than they were while I was applying the instructions. 

Scientifically speaking, how many thousands of orders would be a sufficient sample in order to generalize about the effectiveness of the instructions in failing to optimize delivery rates?

If I get anything over 30 orders a day for anything over 30 days, that would seem to be enough from the standpoint of classical statistics... no?

I mean, that is, unless there's something special about my situation.

But since LL says the system does not play favorites (and you inevtiably agree with them) it must be true.... right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.