i bought something from a store that every time i come home a "celebration" of hearts occur

crazybabytee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

it does not last very long but i think it is using a lot of prims I would like to get rid of it, I alt+ctrl+t to show hidden prims, but nothing shows up for them. howw do i get rid of it? there is no base or anything for this.... its just.... there? how do i get rid of it?

3 answers to this question

Hello crazybabytee. If you are the owner of the land in Viewer 3, Menu World --> Place profile --> About land --> Objects tab --> Refresh object list --> click on your name. Your objects get highlighted. See if that helps to locate the object. Alternatively you can locate it easily showing the beacons. Menu World --> Show --> Beacons --> Enable "Particle sources". This way you will see all sources emitting particles (blue cube). Right click on it --> Delete or Take.

• Like 1

As the others have said, it should be fairly easy to remove the poofer.  Don't worry about extra prims, though.  Almost all poofers use only one prim.  Particles (the hearts you see) are not prims.  They aren't even temporary prims.  They are simply a 2D visual effect handled client-side (that is, drawn on your own computer, not by SL's servers).  You can tell your graphics card at any time to stop drawing them by just typing CTRL + Shift + Alt + = .  That's a handy sequence to remember when you are in a club and someone decides that it's cute to release an annoying display of particle fireworks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.