Top 10 Reasons of Entertainment Value in the MP

Kylie Jaxxon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

**This post is totally in a lighthearted, jovial manner.  Also, I will not name names or places of business so as not to endorse the good or denounce the bad (don't worry, I didn't see any names I recognized.)  After all, these are only my opinions :smileytongue:

This afternoon, I had decided to go through the Celebration section of the MP, searching for Christmas items (yeah, I know...I like to be ahead of the game.)  I found a total of 14,944 items...at 24 items per page, it gives you a total of 623 pages :(  I made it through 246 of them.  About half-way through, I noticed a running theme to some things.  Stealing a page from David Letterman, below is the Top 10 things that I found to be of entertainment value:

10. Tons of Christmas trees, in all shapes, sizes, color.  Speaking of trees...they still seem to have that cardboard, put together look to them (like when you used to put wooden airplanes together in the slots)  Is there a calling for Christmas trees made out of mesh?  Would it make them look more realistic, less prims? If so, is anybody doing one?

9. I came across a lot of Snoopy, the Grinch, Frosty & Rudolph...anyone heard about licensing?  

8. Christmas motif, anything & everything.  Christmas eyes, sneakers...I even came across a backpack made to look like a Christmas turkey.  In honor of our new section on vampires, there is a vampire Christmas tree...who knew?  But I think the most inventive thing I saw, was the snowblower, complete with AO and emitting snow.

7. Familiar faces...I swear there was a man advertising a santa hat, looked just like Jumpy.  And I'm almost positive, I saw an ad for a gift box w/ animations being modeled by our own Mari McCann :)

6. Reindeer.  What is it about those adorable creatures that makes it so hard for someone to design one?  With the exception of one creator, they were...not good.  One place even had a hanging Rudolph :(

5. Featured Ads...One man will be joyous to know that I saw his ad for sculpty snow, 246 times.  He definitely got his money's worth.  Nicely done, btw...will be buying some.

4. Antler headgear.  If I see one more of these ads...there was at least one on most pages.

3. I never realized there were so many ways to do snowmen.  Every conceivable design was there.  One place was exceptional in designing them.  I chuckled over quite a few.

2. Women's holiday outfits.  Same thing over & over.  Mostly done in red and almost all aptly named, "Sexy Santa" or "Santa Baby" :(

1. OMG...male avatars most definitely should not model any holiday clothing. It wasn't so much the designs (although some were bad,) but more the poses and the way they are built...made me want to call the bleach patrol. :matte-motes-crying:

As you may have noticed, I had a lot of time to kill this afternoon.  The repetition was a little maddening, but other then that, it was mostly enjoyable.  Also, I purchased some things that I liked, and was glad to see that I received them all with no trouble.  Yay!!

Some interesting twists and turns in the christmas theme perhaps...

Having had the opportunity of late to peruse the entire import catalogue of a major, trendy, newish national retail chain, (maybe everyone knows all about the following, but I certainly didn't)..

... I am amazed to find that our good friend Frosty the Snowman, due, no doubt, to marketing pressure, now has a grandma, a girlfriend, a relative? called Pippa, (who might possibly be the girlfriend?), some twins o.0 and various other friends, siblings and relatives.

Did I miss a major Frosty movie release or something?

I also can't help but giggle when the title of some of the items are say "Traditional festive Noel thingummy" which is of course... made in China.

Too funny.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Some interesting twists and turns in the christmas theme perhaps...

Having had the opportunity of late to peruse the entire import catalogue of a major, trendy, newish national retail chain, (maybe everyone knows all about the following, but I certainly didn't)..

... I am amazed to find that our good friend Frosty the Snowman, due, no doubt, to marketing pressure, now has a grandma, a girlfriend, a relative? called Pippa, (who might possibly be the girlfriend?), some twins o.0 and various other friends, siblings and relatives.

Did I miss a major Frosty movie release or something?

I also can't help but giggle when the title of some of the items are say "Traditional festive Noel thingummy" which is of course... made in China.

Too funny.

Maryanne...never knew that stuff either.  Of course, I stopped keeping up on Frosty doings about 12 or so years ago...a lot can change in that time :)

Giggle re China :matte-motes-silly:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.