Skirt texture won't rez...

Wicked Galaxy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Im not sure if this is the right place to post this.  I looked in the answers section and don't see anything to help me.

I purchased an outfit and the skirt attachment texture will NOT rez, it remains grey.  I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.  It even came with 2 skirts (one with a resizer) and they both do the same thing.  I am at a loss as to what do to.

Yes I have contacted the creator but unfortunately they are away till November 2nd and this is a Halloween outfit so I figured I would see if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks in advance.

Wiki

Does it also appear grey to your friends? If so, it's possible the designer/merchant used a temporary upload for the texture while they were building and thought they had changed it when finishing the outfit for sale. Sometimes, the temp upload is still there and results in a grey prim to anyone else who sees it after purchase.  The Merchant wouldn't even be aware of it because the temp texture can stay in their cache for a while, so when QA'ing the outfit, it probably looked perfect to them (temp textures are supposed to disappear after 24/48 hours or a relog, but I use them all the time and some seem to last forever). If that's the case, then the Merchant is the only one who can fix it for you :(

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Does it also appear grey to your friends? If so, it's possible the designer/merchant used a temporary upload for the texture while they were building and thought they had changed it when finishing the outfit for sale. Sometimes, the temp upload is still there and results in a grey prim to anyone else who sees it after purchase.  The Merchant wouldn't even be aware of it because the temp texture can stay in their cache for a while, so when QA'ing the outfit, it probably looked perfect to them (temp textures are supposed to disappear after 24/48 hours or a relog, but I use them all the time and some seem to last forever). If that's the case, then the Merchant is the only one who can fix it for you
:(

Yes it appears grey to everyone.   I will have to hope I hear from the creator before Halloween.. thanks for your response.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I've had this happen with textures that I created and uploaded as a permanent texture,  that the asset server subsequently loses or gets accidently deleted too.  If that's the case, the creator will have to upload it again and retexture the skirt and send another one to you.

yes it seems that something like that is the cause, nothing I can do has helped.  I'll just have to wait to hear from the creator.  Thank you for the response

Sometimes there's no logical reason at all.  A customer IMed me the other day, saying that a skirt she had just bought as part of a suit was gray -- not rezzing. She had relogged and rebaked with no luck.  She even sent me a pic. Coincidentally, I was wearing the same skirt at the time, and it looked great, so I detached my own and sent it to her.  It rezzed fine for her and she thanked me.  Because I was worried that the copy in my Magic Box was corrupted, I went to it and took a copy of the skirt that it had just sent to my customer.  It rezzed correctly too.  I've never had a customer complain about it before, so I'm assuming hers was a fluke.  I can't explain it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.