Where are inworld photos saved to?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When a photo is taken and saved to hard drive, where is the default location?

Edit: If I had never specified any particular location, and I were to take a photo with the Second Life viewer, where might I expect to find said photo on my hard drive?

Answered: Thank you Rolig and Peggy, I was hoping there might be a different location, as the photos I just took seem to have not been saved. Oh well, back to picture taking!

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

On your own hard drive, wherever you told it to save them.  The default is whatever your computer usually uses  -- probably different from mine.

ETA:  My default is C:/Documents&Settings/My Pictures, but I have long since redirected SL pics to a folder called C:/SL/Photos

• Like 1

On my Windows 7 installation mine are saved to the "Pictures" folder........it's the default.  I used to save to my desktop when I was using Vista but it got tedious moving all those pictures off my desktop to my second drive when I was done picture taking but not quite ready to move the pictures (looking through all those "Snapshot 001, 002, etc until I was finished editing or organizing was annoying)  Letting Windows put them in the pictures folder gives me more time to do whatever I want to do with the pictures without the annoyance.  If you haven't told the viewer to save to a different location on your computer, the pictures are probably in your Pictures Folder.

• Like 1

That's what I thought, My Pictures. I look and there is nothing there. I usually save mine to a special folder, but tonight I was taking photos and they are no where to be found. It has been so long since I used the default location, I thought maybe I could find them there. Is it possible my photos didn't save? I guess anything is possible...

It's possible that they weren't saved but whenever that happened to me it was obvious because something screwy happened.......I can't remember exactly but I knew the picture wasn't saved when I hit the "save" button for the snaphot. You might look in Documents..........sometimes I found stuff there unexpectedly (not not a snapshot that I remember). And, have you searched? Search for "snapshot".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.