Sidebar:- How do i get it back?

Rick Dashrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is no point doing that as all the buttons do is just open up windows all over the place and look ugly, you might as well remove all the buttons and select inventory and stuff from the top menus. The sidebar was V2's best feature, i can't imagine LL removing it totally. That's just crazy. I'll try firestorm again. Thank you very much for the info.

You're using the Second Life viewer 3.2.  That viewer is a beta viewer....not the official current Viewer (Viewer 3.1).  If you want your sidebar back then the easiest way would be to stop using the beta release and use one of the stable releases (officiall current viewers)  You can currently use both Viewer 3.1 (the latest) and Viewer 2.8 (the next viewer immediately preceeding V-3.1).  You can also use any of the TPV's and the old (but no longer supported) veiwer 1.23.  They all can be found here:

http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

Rick Dashrix wrote:

Thank you, i managed to copy the 3.1.1 of my laptop, that one works good and has the sidebar
:)

You will have a couple of weeks before 3.2 becomes the main viewer.  If you feel strongly about the sidebar (thought I don't) there is a JIRA entry (VWR-27318) to make it optional in the revised viewer - you can vote for and watch it to show LL that you would like such a feature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.