What were they Thinking?

MarcMontana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After the latest viewer 2 upgrade, I noticed some very disturbing things about the so called "upgrade that are actually a "downgrade" in my opinion.  I am speaking of the way the Left click on your character, used to be fine, allowing you to move your camera (or avatars view option) left, right or up and down.  Now the new "upgrade" only allows you to look left or right and the control is inverse to your mouse movement.  You cannot even look up with the upgraded viewer 2, for instance:  I recently purchased a motorcycle, I can ride it, but being able to see ahead of me is next to impossible, because the view camera get's locked at whatever angle you have set in your preferences for walking, at slow speed, not for riding a motorcycle at higher speeds.  As far as I'm concerned, Linden Lab/ Second Life viewer creators really screwed up on this latest update.  I hope others feel the same way about this as I do, even though many people I see now use Phoenix viewer or other viewers.  So, are there any others that agree with me?

4 answers to this question

Hallo MarcMontana, which exact version of the official viewer are you using? It sound like you might be using version 3.2, which is in beta testing stage currently.

I use Phoenix. It is fabulous for me, although I can foresee having to eventually move onto the Phoenix Viewer equivalent of Firestorm before too long (which uses the Viewer 2 code).

• Like 1

I'm using the latest Viewer 2 version (V-2.8).  Though I seldom use the left/right click for my camera view I don't have that problem.........I'm with Marigold.  You must be using something else..........and if it's beta, then report your concerns to the developers (LL).  I mean that's what beta releases are for..........to find and fix problems and bugs that are reported by users before final release.  If you don't want to endure the problems beta releases habitually have then don't use them.  Certainly don't publically criticize the developers for poor performance in their developing process.........it makes you look silly.

• Like 1

I, too, had a question about the loss of Mouse Steering, apparently, it was still there, I just had to be told how to reactivate it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Mouse-Steering-No-Longer-Works/m-p/1176469#M11389

You need to go to your Preferences > Move and View tab > and set single click to No Action.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.