Unwanted hovering after TP

Monica Balut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perhaps someone here knows the answer to this.  For the last few weeks, whenever I log in or just TP to another region, I always end up in a hovering state and must explicity click on Stop Flying to get back on the ground.  I don't think it's viewer related since it doesn't matter what viewer I'm using.  It also happens with my alts.  And it doesn't depend on what region I'm in.  So I suspect it's a server side issue.  Has anyone else had the same problem and, more to the point, has anyone found how to fix it?

it happens much less (almost never) if the TP spot is a bit above the ground or other surfaces, and consistently if it's just below them.

I like to cheat when making landmarks, and stick a small prim under me to stand on (or just fly up 1m) before creating the landmark... this way you get a slight drop when coming in

1) I don't remember ever seeing a preference setting to fly after teleporting.  Where would that be?

2) Void I tried your suggestion but it doesn't seem to make any difference in this case.  I just end up hovering a bit higher up.

I've never encountered this before in the over 4 years I've been in SL.  It does behave like a server side problem but it doesn't seem to happen to everyone.  I posted a JIRA about it.  SVC-7376

Thanks folks.  Fact is I haven't used Phoenix regularly in close to a year.  That option is not available is most of the viewers I have.  It has nothing to do with being in a no fly zone.  It happens everywhere.  And the fact that it happens with 4 different viewers and 3 diff alts tells me it's not the viewer.  This is really puzzling.  Others can't seem to reproduce it though.

I also posted this as a JIRA.  Thanks to Maestro Linden who suggested it could be a hardware problem.  It turns out that the problem originated from my Space Navigator.  I upgraded the driver, unplugged and replugged it, and the problem went away.  I would have never thought of this in a million years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.