Can Linden Lab move my sim intact for me?

Gypsy Champagne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I know that they can move sims to a new location, but since you don't own the sim you are on and presumably do not own the landscaping it seems unlikely. You could certainly try asking in live chat if you are premium. Most likely though you will have to "start over". You CAN of course pick up your possessions from the sim in groups and then place them in your new spot. Be VERY CAREFULL however that you don't "lasso" and take too many prims at one time. Placing large collections of sims gets very tricky. So a bit at a time is a better plan. Good luck with your move.

• Like 1

I don't think THEY can copy it, or if they can, I doubt that they will.  The current terraforming is user-created content.  However, you can contact the estate owner and ask if THEY have a terrain elevation file for the sim that they will give (or sell) you.  Linden Lab can then use that terrain file to create your new private island.

Actually technically, they can copy it but it is not something that is undertaken lightly, is rare and may not even be offered to the average customer.

Shoul they agree to do it, to have it reproduced  you must own all objects AND  be the creator of all objects, textures, scripts, animations etc used in the creation OR have written permission from all copyright holders of these items specific to you and your situation.  It is your responsibility to track all this down and obtain all needed permissions.  The permission must be submitted in real life in writing in a legally acceptable form as advised by the Lindens.

The Lindens WILL vet all content and verify all permissions from the copyright holders.  It is a time consuming process that you will be charged for and won't be cheap by any means.

You may also have to pay or compensate the copyright owner for their permission, if any items to be moved do not already have copy permission or just for their time and any expense in having the permission drawn up in proper form and sent.

In short, unless you have deep pockets and a lot of time, its probably not worth your time pursuing this.  By the time you did all this and paid all the fees etc, you are probably better off just buying your sim and anything you need to set it up to your liking or even hiring someone to do this for you.  You should also be cautious of setting up your new sim exactly like the rental.  If you copy a sims layout, landscaping, buildings and other things that may in and of itself be a copyright violation of the sims design.

if you are looking to buy a full sim it would be easiest if you asked the person you are renting your current sim from to sell it (transfer) to you if they accept you won't have to spend time faffing around trying to re-create your sim somewhere else plus it should be cheaper than buying a brand new sim from LL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.