Colour match

shaun Mosswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

You can oprn your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q and click on Show Info >> Show Color Unde Cursor.  That will put a real-time RGB display in the extreme lower right corner of your screen and let you monitor the color of whatever your cursor rests on.  You should know, however, that any match you get will be fleeting.  Color changes with time of day, sun angle, Windlight Settings .....  too many things to make your measurements reliable for more than a few seconds.  Yoiu can get close, but that's all.

• Like 2

To add to Rolig's answer:

Have her stand on a pose stand - this will keep her avi still, making it easier to get an accurate color value. Then, have her change her windlight settings. I use Firestorm, and my preferred windlight setting is "Nam's Optimal Skin 2." This brightens everything on the screen, and removes shadows. I find that using that setting, I get the most accurate match even when I change my environment settings. Next is to find a good spot to take the RGB values, since skins aren't a solid color all over. I've found that just above the ankle on the side of the leg, not quite in the center but just a little to the back, works best for me, but if that doesn't work, she can try other places. Generally you're looking for a spot with a color about halfway between the darkest and lightest shades of the skin (or in her case, the stockings). Input the values, and see if it worked!

Once she finds a good match, if there are saveslots in the HUD for the shoes, she can save the color values there. If not, she can create a notecard for skin matching values, name it something like "<name of skin> skin matches for shoes" or an otherwise easily remembered name, and record the values there.

It won't be perfect on every screen, of course, and she probably won't get totally seamless even on hers - ads with totally seamless matches are usually photoshopped. But she can get very, very close.

• Like 1

I've used the advanced menu and tried "show colour under curser" as a way of trying to find the best colour match for items. Sadly, the lighting effects in Second Life mean that the recommended Red, Blue, Green values rarely look ideal. I would recommend that you open the advanced menu and use the "sow colour under curser" as an initial guide and then tweak it by eye to get a near "perfect" match.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.