Can't eject/ban avatars

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was given the ability to eject/ban/freeze avatars on a sim, but this function does nothing when I use it, the avatar is still there after like 5 minutes. As seen in the below screenshot I do have those abilities in the group window. After clicking "eject" or "ban" nothing happens, all I get is a dialogue that says "[09:04]  Moderation: Ejecting and banning avatar_name". The guy is still there...

Does anyone know what's wrong? :/

ejectban.jpg

Check to be sure that you are using the person's username, not a Display name.  Display names are handy and friendly, but they are like nicknames in RL.  The system doesn't recognize them for anything really important like logging in, making a payment, or banning.

Hello Suki.

1)Confirm that the region is deeded to group. Without this, you can't eject or ban

2)Confirm that you wear your group tag.

3)Confirm that you have activated the right title (proper role). It is possible to have more than 1 titles in the same group and only with one of them to have the right to eject and ban.

4)Relog is required if you just got this ability.

Since you say you were given the ability to "eject/ban/freeze avatars on a sim," do you mean that you have estate manager powers?  You need to be using those from the Region/Estate menu.

Remember that, at least at present, parcel bans are only effective up to 768 metres above the terrain mesh (though I think I read somewhere that this soon to be extended), so if you're trying to remove someone from a platform above that level, I'm not sure how effective it will be.

There's other things might be happening; a favourite trick, I understand it, is for the banned person to stand just outside the parcel and play a stand animation with a sufficiently large offset to make it appear he or she is inside it.    And I'm not completely sure what happens if you're sitting on something when someone tries to eject you.

I tp people home before I ban them.   That usually gets rid of them.

my normal (scripted) cycle is:
ban
tp home
eject

first one gets them in the list, second gets rid of them, third is a fallback in case they managed to be one of the few people that were able to set their home on the parcel when it was allowed, or if they have no home set.

eject can get ugly if they're near the edge of the world... traps them bouncing up and down at the region border... funny as hell, but potentially troublesome.

PS
I just tried the moderation thing from phoenix radar list... doesn't seem to do anything even with correct group set, freeze worked, but even ejecting from right click on the av didn't do anything..... my scripted toys work, but they're deeded to the group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.