Discontinuing SexGen Freebie

amarock Amat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Due, to repeated comments about other folks rights of use, and that sor broke contracts between whoever he bought from, I am pulling hte product from the marketplace for now, unless I see a good reason to put it back up. A warning to those that may have had their gear as such, it would be more prudent to actualy contact me about such things, instead of just putting comments on the item, or posting in some random forum I never visit.   It would have been taken down faster , if someone actualy went out of their way saying, hey this is mine would you take it down please.

Thank you for your time

Amarock Amat.

I think it was pretty clear by day two after it was released that there were questions; by day three there was little doubt that it should not be released at all by anyone.

It's not anyone else's job to determine what I have the right to distribute or sell; that's up to me to investigate and determine. Which I did.

*scratches his head* well actualy as someone who didin't make the item but just gave it away, its kinda not my job or youtube would be sued all day about folks uploading stuff.  If folks have all day to comment on it, why did they not take the time to contact me and ask me to take it down?

Why the F*CK would you ever give away a freebie on the MP that someone else created????  

I can see this one is going to get sticky.  I have permission to sell SexGen bases and as any one has seen from the SexGen store, most of the stuff there was branded Malibu and made by me.  I have had an ongoing business relationship for many years with Stroker and I have been a business partners on many projects. The same is true for CheerGirl Allen.  Corsi and Briggi have both been compensated for their work (Briggi is responsible for Craig as it was he who sold Craig's animations to Stroker)  and Stroker pays them no royality for their animations however, giving them away full perm may be something else all together, I just don't know.  

I changed my pricing due to this and now sell them with the base included with no additional mark-up over what I used to sell the same items for as unscripted due to the fact that these are on the market for free now.  In short, this "giveaway" has hurt my business but Stroker is one of my best friends in RL and my best friend in SL.  He's stayed at my house many times and we have traveled to many conferences together.  No I am not happy to loose my friend in SL but I do understand his need to break free and encourage him to leave to be what he needs to be again...a great dad and one of the finest people I've known both in SL and RL.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Why the F*CK would you ever give away a freebie on the MP that someone else created????  

Especially when the person giving it away and the creator(s) are not the same person! (Not that it means the thing is legit when they are the same person.)

• 3 months later...

If I made something and gave it to my friends - and said.. hey this is free and full perm enjoy and pass it on. There would be NOTHING wrong with them passing it on friend to friend or offering for free anywhere.

If I purchased a item from others to add to my own builds and I had their permission to use it in my builds that I sold and I had at that time bought all rights to do with it whatever I wanted to do, there would be nothing wrong with my giving it away free, and those who received it giving it free so long as I had not violated any agreements made at the time of my purchase of those items - for example if it was stipulated in contract you cant give these or resell them full permission - then of course it would be wrong. However at one time - people use to sell full perm items here in SL for others to buy without so many restrictions as they do now WHICH MIGHT have been the case when Stroker purchased his animations from other animators. Changing their mind about it AFTER he leaves the SL community and has given them away free is kind of bad sportsmanship considering they had no complaints going (???) when he was selling them making money off of them. AS I read earlier they were not receiving any royalty for items sold so leads me to believe he had full rights. Now they complain - but previously they did not.

And some people .. give their items full perm to use or sell anyway you want, do whatever you want any place you want i.e. Linda Kelly - so I dont understand why you're giving this person such a hard time over them offering the sex gen free full perm on marketplace.  Sounds like someones a little greedy and thinks they can make money off the sex gen engine - and giving it free would have an effect on a ability to charge for something already given free.

Shame Shame!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.